Do you label your batteries?

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you guys label your batteries?

I get paranoid about 123 primary cells, so those that I keep in my Surefire Spares Carriers get labeled where appropriate with a sharpie. For example, each new pair that goes in gets the same letter written on the side. This way I don't accidentally mix batteries from different manufacturing times. Batts that have come out of my 123-powered incans are still good for single-cell LEDs, so they get a black dot to signify that they cannot go back into a 2-cell light.

My 4 rechargeable 123s are labeled A-D, so that I cycle through them evenly. This avoids going for a fresh one only to find out it was last charged months ago.

Scott

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely yes for all my rechargeable cells, not yet for primaries. I have a simple progression for my cells and very few devices that are active anyway, so it is easy to keep track of where each cell has been.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used to use permanent marker but they kept wearing off. Then I switched to masking tape but it's ugly. So now I use permanent marker plus some clear nail polish.

If you have a charger/discharger that can tell the cell capacity and etc, it's good to label your cell then use excel or your favourite logging system to note down the data for performance review.

greenLED

Flashaholic
yes, on our digital cam batts.
yes, on the AA & AAA sets I use for my son's toys
yes, on the ones I use for my AA lights
no, on my C & D batts (only got one set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)
no, on my Pila 150A's (only got one set)

Latest posts