whats ya faverite hotdog?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wel its summer and its hot dog time i hate cheap dogs i like sabrates or nathens if ya enevr tryed em give em a try the yummy put a littlke celrey salt and a pickle on em and relish and there so good

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
We usually buy Hebrew National. I really want to try the Nathen's brand since they're so famous out on Coney Island. I think they sell them at Vons market. I'm also really curious abou the "uncured" hot dogs at Trader Joe's (no nitrates/preservatives).

B@rt

Flashaholic
2hotdogs6rk.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Oh yeah, some good lean meat dogs like Hebrew National, Nathen's, there's some others...
(not in any particular order - depends on my taste buds!)

1. Chicago style (like raggie's talkin' bout' - we use mustard, cucumber, relish, celery salt, a couple serrano peppers, a slice of tomato sliced in half placed next to each other length of the grilled bun)

2. chili dog with cheese & onions

3. any variety of mustard (I love mustard!) & some good kraut & onions

4. sometimes just ketchup

Ohhhhh sprinkle some crushed red pepper on any of them!

...what have I left out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, chili dogs with cheese and onions!! Also, hot dogs wrapped in bacon and top with onions and peppers that have been cooked with fresh jalapenos to make them spicy (but then I leave out the jalapenos) The Big Bites from 7-eleven are pretty tasty. I load 'em with everything--onions, salsa, jalapenos, pickles, mustard, chili (surprisingly good being extruded from a machine)and nacho cheese.

I'm getting hungry now, time to go look for a midnight snack....

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Brands: I like Nathan's and Cantellas.

I usually just top mine with the good old zest of yellow mustard. No ketchup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif
Cantellas sausages taste best with chili, some onions, tomates, pickels, and maybe some cheese. Yum!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Nathan's the best. They're always just the way I like them (even though I swore never to eat hot dogs again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have I place in Grand Haven called "Butches Beach Burritos" they have a dog called the cc dog. It is a dog on a bun with refried beans, taco meat, three chesses, onion, hot sauce and then rolled in a tortilla and steamed. It is soooooo good!!!!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Costco special they have out here: 1/4 lb Hebrew National dog with a bottomless soft drink for $ 1.50, and you don't have to be a member to get one.

You add your own condiments. I like it with onions and deli mustard.

Good churros, too...

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
These days we get the Hebrew National. I add yellow mustard, chedar cheese, and chili. If I have some around or get a hotdog at the movies I'll add jalapeno peppers on top. Yum! Better yet put some jalapeno pepper juice in with the melted cheese and mix it up, then pour on top of the hotdog.

I think I know what I want for lunch now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never tried the Hebrew National or Nathans...gonna have to check them out.

We tried Oscar Mayer last year...YUCK! They were incredibly greasy.

I usually get Koegel's all beef. Tasty!

Bob

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
My favorite is a coney made by Hoffman's. It's a local brand (Upstate New York) and is best if cooked till the skin is black and crispy. Hoffman's has it's own brand of mustard, which is perfect with their coney.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im going to have to try hebrew national 90% what they sell in grocery stores are gross but hebrew ive heard good things about and nathans are in some stores and they rock sabrets i never see in stores but there good to

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not much of a hotdog fan, unless I am really in the mood, or if its $1 Hotdog night at a Houston Astros game. Otherwise, when I do have one, I tend to prefer any 'dog thats spicy. Normally they have a Cajun style at the grocery store, and thats what I will go for.

Cameron

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently, I only buy Hebrew National. They not only taste great, but in general the potential ingredients list to hot dogs totally squicks me, and I feel much better buying kosher, knowing there are limits to what may end up in my dog. Probably more psychological than based in reality. I agree that Nathan's are also good.

I've been meaning to give Trader Joe's hot dogs a try. They supposedly have a dog that's free of nitrates/nitrites. These chemicals are just plain bad for you, especially for kids, and are present in every other hot dog I know of, including Hewbrew National. No, hot dogs aren't health food, but anything I can do to make it just a little less unhealthy is a thumbs-up for me.

Joe