Surefire A2 LED ring

chuck4570

Enlightened
I have a Surefire A2 with blue LED's, that I got from a friend for a great price, but I am not completely happy with the blue color. Can the LED ring be replaced, and where can I purchase them? Even with the blue Led's the A2 has become my favorite light, I think it's awsome.

Thanx in advance.
Chuck

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, Chuck.

Extra rings are something SF really needs to make available, they do not offer them for sale. You can try to contact a CPFer named Chop. He could swap the LEDs for something more to your liking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, SF, are you hearing this?? I'd buy different colors if they were offered. I'm pretty sure most of us would. .

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
Or perhaps a high power ring using the new Nichia LEDs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a winner for sure! I actually have a spare A2 and the newer nichias, just haven't gotten around to modding it yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Xrunner is talking about the new 26k Nichia LEDs. They're quite a bit brighter, but I have no idea on the lumens. .