QIII with new POP2G.

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been experimenting with the POP boards in a QIII.
The latest simplified revision , POP2G, is a winner.
First click is low then click again for high. It's as simple as that.
Low level is preset in advance to the intensity you desire. And finally, a strobe is available if required with 4 fast clicks from off.
Also it is very efficient and produces little heat when used with a TYOH.

Thanks to 'cgpeanut' and 'djpark'. I think for a light that can be picked up and used by all members of the family, this UI is the best so far. Just the fact that the POP boards can be 'flashed' to change the UI is a huge step forward.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats. Glad you like the new version. I killed my POP2G board but I'm in the process of emulating the UI and uploading it to the board. I have yet to suceed in some very basic tasks but writing the UI should be very simple as long as get this road block going.

My first planned modification is to put brightness adjustment at the very back so low, high, burst, strobe, sos, brightness adjustment.

I also plan to survey some people to give their opinion on the perfect UI =D

savumaki

Enlightened
I was looking for a post for this and this looks like it; I have a semi modded Q3 and a S/F L2 (plus a whole bunch of others) The Q3 is great EXCEPT that there is no momentary on with the switch WITHOUT having it full on; in which case it becomes momentary OFF. The L2 on the other hand allows a momentary low(or high) w/o having to fully depress the switch first(I am taking some literary licence since the L2 is twist switch but I think you know what I mean)
Does no one make a switch that is momentary on FIRST?? Seems the logical way to do it.
I would use the Q3 more but prefer the L2 momentary on; doesn't scare the dog, wife, or girlfriend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif(I wish; I bring em home and the wife throws them out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif
Karl

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nature of the switches, the mechanical operation does not allow for momentary on. It just doesn't work that way inside the switch. There probably are switches that are momentary on but will cost much more.

I think i'll try to build in support for 'interrupt driven' momentary push button switches with the micro-controller powered when the battery is inserted.

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
savumaki
I do not like the 'back to front' stock switch that comes with the QIII either. However to my knowledge I do not know of a source for a replacement conventional switch.
Anyone???

savumaki

Enlightened
The switch used on the large m**gs is a momentary on and full on if you click it.
What am I missing/-is it rocket science /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NetMage

Enlightened
The switch in a OAD is quite a bit larger than the space in a Q3.

No one has found a source for momentary on (tactical) switches that fit in the Q3's space for a switch. Possibly it could be modded to use a Kroll?