Google Earth

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simply amazing:

http://earth.google.com/

My home:

34º 36' 24.27" S
58º 30' 56.50" W
(a building with a water tank in the middle and 2 terraces at the sides of it)

I live on the north side of the building

My office:
34º 35' 54.49" S
58º 22' 47.35" W

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pablo

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found that today, but cant install it. I will have to go somewhere I can, cause that looks just dang cool. Its based on the Google Maps idea, and bought from the same company, so I suspect its something like that. And thats awesome that its free. Too bad the "Plus" version or whatever is $400!

Cameron

drizzle

Enlightened
Hey Pablo,

I visited BA in late 2001. It was fun trying to find some of the landmarks. The only one I found for sure was the big park next to the Presidential Residence, the "Pink House" if I remember correctly.

I put place marks at the lat/long you gave and I think the Hotel I stayed in was pretty close to where you work. I don't remember the name right now and couldn't find my papers from the trip. To return the favor. Here's my location:

47 41' 42" N
122 18' 43" W

As for the other web sites and programs, all I have to say is TRY THIS ONE!

As for the virtual reality buildings, that is a selectable layer you can add. If you don't turn it on then it is simply the satellite picture. But even the satellite view is in really good 3D. Check out Mount St. Helens for example. They give it to you as a supplied place mark.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
FANTASTIC - Havin' a lot of fun zooming in my extended families houses all over the world! Thanks for posting that...the Google folks are certainly making a name for themselves!

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great find! Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My home:
22°17'45.65"N
114° 1'29.60"E

Hong Kong Disneyland is just slightly North-East from my home.. Look for "Penny's Bay", with the light brown patch of earth that looks like a lot of construction. This picture was probably taken about a year or so ago since Hong Kong Disneyland will be open in September this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To be precise, Hong Kong Disneyland is at:
22°18'43.32"N
114° 2'28.07"E

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
It's so cool. But it's a little out of date. It shows the orange sandbox that's been gone for 2+ years. It also shows my old church that was turned into a parking lot 4 years ago. Still, it's awesome.

greenLED

Flashaholic
"Downloads are delayed" try again later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they've shut down their distribution of beta copies of Google Earth. My friends also can't use my installer to create working Google Earth applications on their machines (can't log into the Google Earth servers). Says maybe check back later...

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
now that is just plain mean :-( there i was flying across america , in full living color with textures, hills and full resolution. then i had to go back to a backup, and re-download it, and boom, no more free party :-( :-(

so i think well how much is it to buy anyways?
and i look at the BUY page, and they stopped selling licences, AND it says this
""Note: Free trials of Google Earth Plus are no longer available. ""
dont know exactally what that means , but i was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of doing some gps location mapping (for hiking) and Doggonit.