Supreme Justice's house/and may be seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Retired*
Supreme Justice\'s house/and may be seized

Weare, New Hampshire (PRWEB)
Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it. A private developer is seeking to use this very law to build a hotel on Souter's land.
http://www.freestarmedia.com/hotellostliberty2.html

Geologist

Enlightened
Re: Supreme Justice\'s house/and may be seized

Where do we invest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bet you never hear a peep about this one in the big (owned) media!

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sad (funny?) thing is that Souter would have never been allowed to make the ruling if this person had started this last year. Then it would have been a 4-4 ruling.

-Bill

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats absolutly perfect. Although it wont change a thing anymore, Scouter should see what dumb mistake he has made. Ha, thats really good...I would suspect the person who is wanting his land, knows who he is taking it from.

Cameron

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

bobisculous, I'm guessing you haven't read the article. The person knows who the land belongs to, in fact that is the entire point.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

This ruling excised the 5th Amendment from the Constitution by defining public use to mean most anything that a local municipality finds beneficial to the community. The concept of private property ownership is gone unless the states enact legislation, such as Georgia, to prohibit private seizure for private use.

Hear me know and believe me later when I say that this will be equivalent to the Dred Scott decision.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will tell you from an experience by a friend that is being taken through the ringer by somebody that lost a planning battle. And is now making the friends life a living hell by using the power of city bureaucracies and politicians to further that person's own end of vengeance (and there are high ranked city employees that recognize this fact and are powerless to help stop it)... I have very mixed feelings about what this guy is doing to J. Souter.

This tactic also runs the risk of a small group of people who will attempt to poison any legal or political discussion by simply starting an eminent domain action against any public or private individual that they don't like. All it would take is 4 or 5 of these to completely destroy the Supreme Court's ability to hear and rule on a case. You could do the same thing with a local council or planning commission too until you get a mix of people that will "vote your way."

On the other hand—where do I donate to the cause? What a Hobson's choice.

My vote to fix this—Require all Supreme Court Decisions to be 9-0 rulings. If those learned turkeys can't convince each other, then their grasp of the law and history is not sufficient for them to be in such a position to begin with.

And, on the other hand, if a judge or law is overturned as unconstitutional, then that judge, those city council members, state/federal congress/senator critters, etc., that voted in support of that "obviously flawed" law should instantly lose their positions as they have not upheld their oaths of office.

Having a series of 5-4 decisions demonstrates that, somewhere, there are folks voting politics—not law.

-Bill

Empath

Flashaholic

Quoted from this announcement in the Announcements forum:

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">
Occasionally it becomes necessary for various reasons to close a thread. For whatever reasons, the moderators or administrators have determined that the topic or activity has reached a point of conclusion and input is no longer permitted.

Once a topic or subject has reached such a point and the thread is closed, it is not permitted activity to attempt to continue such discussion by means of renewing the discussion in existing threads, opening new threads, nor any other ingenious methods of circumventing the intent of the moderator's or administrator's decision to conclude the discussion.

ALL parties involved in such efforts will be subject to having their posting privileges restricted.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Status
Not open for further replies.