The Positive Results of Collaboration

I was thinking, as I was polishing a McLux TK, how awesome this light really is. Think about it. It was the first huge breakthrough, IMO, in the custom LED arena using some of the best design and technical experts in the world. The light has a highly unique body style and its operation is pretty much idiot proof (good for guys like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ), with a simple kroll tailswitch. With an EN-plated battery tube built incorporated into a heavy aluminum tail and a fin-rich bezel carved from solid aluminum stock, the light is crafted like a work of art, with utility in mind. The LED circuitry, state of the art in its day (a mere two years ago), offered users a pure white beam with excellent flood. Its plated lens retaining ring allowed users to interchange the reflector for those with better throw. The titanium clip in and of itself was a first. The designers (McGizmo and all) thought a titanium clip would be useful and stronger-wearing than a steel clip (of course they were right).

What is my point? Well, just imagine what could be conceived if the McGizmo's, the Mr. Bulk's, CNC Dan, AW, and all the other geniuses were to collaborate as the Skunkworks Team did on the TK, in the design of the ultimate light. It'd be like a "We Are the World" get-together of flashlight brainiacs!

Anyway, I'm an American. I dream big. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TKCollection.jpg

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
What makes you think that collaboration of this nature is not going on even as we speak? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif There are several groups of like-minded, modders who regularly collaborate.

Wilkey

[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
What makes you think that collaboration of this nature is not going on even as we speak? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif There are several groups of like-minded, modders who regularly collaborate.

Wilkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Wilkey, now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Show me the money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that someone is working on a light using 1/2D cell NIMH.

I know that several people are collaborating on a EDC sized superlight that will be rechargeable.

Getting EVERYONE who does this kind to stuff to work on the same light would actually stifle creativity, as all the focus would be on one thing, versus the various side trails that research takes.

Bill

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bill..so should I go ahead and start stocking up on 1/2 D nimh's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif wink wink nudge nudge

mmattoon

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:

I know that several people are collaborating on a EDC sized superlight that will be rechargeable.

Getting EVERYONE who does this kind to stuff to work on the same light would actually stifle creativity, as all the focus would be on one thing, versus the various side trails that research takes.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a little drooling smiley face Graemlin for posts like that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Mark

mmattoon

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a little drooling smiley face Graemlin for posts like that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Mark

greenLED

Flashaholic
Here'ya go:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

'zat a 1x1/2D-size light? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I am sure that some kind of super-light is coming. For example, the McLuxIII-pd, that one just snuck up on us. I'm sure something like that is in the making right now. We'll just have to see.

-David

mmattoon

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
Here'ya go:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

'zat a 1x1/2D-size light? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

greenLED, that smiley sort of looks constipated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I was thinking more like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif but with little drops of drool, maybe a small puddle.

The heck with that though, we need to hear more about these lights!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Mark