Is it just me or are you guys like this too??

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I ordered an EDC 42 from Battery Station Monday. It was shipped Monday Priority mail. I though I "might" receive it today. Mailman was just here and no light. It bums you out doesn't? I think some of the fun in ordering lights is the waiting and anticipation of receiving it. I don't think it would be as fun just to walk in a store and buy it. Does everyone else feel this way?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You keep walking into the store and looking at it and looking at it and playing with it and thinking about it and looking at it some more and on and on until you decide to buy it....

Ends up being about the same for me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think waiting for a package is kind of a love/hate thing. I hate waiting, but the anticipation is kind of a high of sorts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

UVvis

Enlightened
I've spent a large portion of the last fews years of my life outside the US. The APO service can take a very long time to get things to me. It got to the point that I would normally forgot what I had ordered, and it started to seem like some random nice person knew what I wanted and was sending things to me.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've been known to drive the 30 mi. round trip to home at lunch time just to see if a delivery has been made. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'd think it's something you'd get used to after a while, but it's still hard. I can't wait for my old Vari-Beam to get here. It should probably be here late in the week, but of course if it was sent the 27th, and given optimum conditions, and good weather...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Absolutely! I'm awaiting a "special package" right now and am getting disappointed everyday!

I hate "outstanding transactions"...if I send a package out - I want it there and the other way around when I've ordered something.

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Hmm...as much as it drives me absolutely NUTS, I kinda like waiting for a package...the excitement of that day when your new light arrives is awesome..you go right for it and tear the box open immediately like a child on Christmas day, and rip the light out of it's packaging, pop the batteries in, turn it on, then bask in the warm glow of your new light as you breath a sigh of relief.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can't wait till my package arrives...trying SOOO hard not to be like the annoying child going "Are we there yet?" but more like "Is it here yet?"

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im like a dog i can hear the mail man i get so excited.like xmas i always get scared they willl put it in wrong mail box

birderbill

Newly Enlightened
Tell me about it. I'm waiting for my first Mag 85 and a Canon 400mm lens. Hope they get here before the weekend.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There is something special for me about receiving a package in the mail. It's like opening a Christmas present. I think the anticipation takes me back to those warm childhood memories of wondering "what's in the nicely wrapped box." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's that anticipation when I pull into the driveway and see something sticking out of the mailbox. Yay! My new light is here! Then there's the usual, Oh, man! It's just a bunch of junk mail! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Maybe tomorrow. But it never fails. I'd be expecting a light to arrive on a Friday via UPS, and it doesn't arrive. And knowing my luck, Monday is a holiday, so I have to wait till Tuesday. How frustrating!
Wow, I just realized that this may happen to several people this weekend. Good thing I'm not expecting a light right now. I'm sorry if that actually happens to anyone.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not just flashlights. Many other things too. I can't imagine how much I saved buying online. Prices I quote over the phone locally just doesn't makes sense.

Problem is the waiting thing. If the postman miss you while you are at work, then you got real trouble. If you live in an apartment like me, then postie will tend just leave your goods on top of the letter box. That's no good, anyone can take it. I am having a bit of trouble lately with a package(non cpf related) for the first time in five years, hopefully it will get sorted out quickly.

Sometimes buying from store is a bit better for sense of security. Waiting for goods to arrive is just like whipping yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.