2xAAA Mini Mag Mods?

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Thinking that the 2xAAA Minimag is not a popular mod host but it's a really great form factor - very shirt pocketable.

Anyone do a Lux I/III in one? Tell us about it!!!!

greenLED

Flashaholic
LED_ASAP reported on doing one, but there didn't seem to be much "real estate" to play with or something like that, IIRC.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
KnifeBright made an awesome 2AAA mod. I can't remember what was in it. Probably a 3w with LiON batteries. He is really kewl with his modding and creativity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
Is that a Lux, though? I thought it was some other type of SM LED.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doed it have to be a Loxeon Star?
Just popped over to the TerraLUX website.
The TLE-6 Ministar2 (Lux 1) is rated at 25 lumens for 7 hours.on 2AA.
The TLE10 Microstar1 (Nichia unspecified) is rated at 20 lumens for 6 hours on 2AAA and 18 hours on 2AA.
If they had used a Lux they would probably get 6*7/18 or 2.3 hours rontime.And the price would have gone up $10. There is a brightness increase of 25% though.

I have a TLE10 Microstar1 waiting for me at the post office /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . I only have a 2AA minimag, so will not be able to say how it will perform on a 2AAA mag. Read a recent thread about poor beam quality.

I could get a 2AAA minimag when I order my next Mini-Pockit from MEC.
This flashaholic business is getting expensive. Even when I am staying away from the Peaks, Arc, Keylux, McLux, HDS, Jil, Orb and Surefires.

rick88

Newly Enlightened
I got a TLE-10 on my 2xAAA. Works pretty well, but there is a very noticeable yellow ring surrounding the central whitish spot. Takes a while to get used to it. Has much better throw than the small AAA or AA 5 to 8 led lights. The center spot is brighter than these lights, but focus is narrower, so I prefer those lights for close up work.

LEDmuseum has a review here

The beam on mine looks very similar to LEDmuseum's:
terra2-3.jpg

The TLE-10 is a very easy upgrade, tho, and is completely reversible, with decent battery life.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my microstar yesterday.

It is not as bright as any of my main flashlights:
NexXtech 1 watt (Nuwai ALX-1113A)
Dorcy 2AA 1 watt
Turtleight with Tectite LPR-113 side emitter and homemade diffuser
RayOvac 2AA s-t-r-e-t-c-h adventure flashlight/latern with LPR-2 and satin scotch tare
Nightbuster Aqualed 7 LED with homemade diffuser (to get rid of the 7 little blue dots in the beam)

greenLED is correct. We can not compare this to a Lux mod.

Can not stand that yellow corona. I am putting the uncut MJLED back in my minimag.