Best place to buy about 10 CMG Infinity (ultra?)s

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened
OK, I need to make a few gifts and CMG flashlights are almost certain to be what I will be giving. The reason for this is obvious since my consulting company and the partner company both have "CMG" in the name. I am reluctant to buy from botach solely because of the number of complaints about knives I have seen on another forum. But it is hard to beat the prices there. I am willing to pay a bit more to get good service and even to support a friend of CPF. What do you suggest?

This is important because I think this might be several hundred lights at the end of the day.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I don't think you will be able to find them in any large quantities. They have been discontinued for quite some time. People who have ordered them from Botach have received Gerber lights in place of the CMGs.

Sorry for all of the bad news.

Matt

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know about quantities, but I bought a few old style Infinity (non-Ultra) task lights from Batterystation for $10 each. They provided good service and support, and they still show them on their CPF page.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Best place to buy about 10 CMG Infinity (ultra

The CMG company doesn't exist any more--it was sold to Gerber a year or so ago. CMG flashlights are no longer made. Some similar models are now being sold with Gerber branding. There may be a few new-old-stock CMG branded units in dealer inventories here and there but getting anything like 100 of them will be difficult. After that you have to turn to the collector market, the units probably won't be new, and you'll have to buy them one or two at a time and frequently pay a lot for them.

I think there are still some CMG Infinitys at http://www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm , but only with colored leds, no white leds. Also, those units may be mostly black finish with no CMG logo on them. I think some CMG O-4's may still be available (coin cell light sort of like an overgrown Photon I or Photon II). Those may be easier to find than Infinities at this point.

watt4

Enlightened

SIGMAN has a couple new one for sale in B/S/T Lights section of cpf.

greenLED

Flashaholic

the batterystation ones have the CMG logo, and they're power coated, not anodized; very early versions. (IF they're still the ones I bought from them)