do chcicken bones weigh a lot?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i was wondering cause i wanna know if i got good deal i got chciken breast for 99 per lb. it has bone in it though would it be cheaper to get it with out bonew for like 149lb im weird i know but i like being thifty

drizzle

Enlightened
Okay, I'm no expert but I just can't resist replying...

I think the "with bones for 99c" is the better deal. I think the higher cost of the boneless has more to do with the labor of removing the bones than it does with the weight of the bones.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think you are corect bob.ill keep the bones in some for barbqing looks like i have a lot a work to do tomorow i bough a lot rofl i try to only buy stuff when its on sale then i buy a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. boneless is great on grill if ya let it set in itaion dressing for like 4 days in fridge

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Cut most of the white meat off the bones. Boil bones in water to cover for half hour with some onion flakes, poultry seasoning, touch of salt and celery. Strain and save broth. Pick remaining meat off bones and add to strained broth. Freeze in plastic bag. Make soup by adding cooked rice or noodles to reheated broth.

WP3

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buying a whole chicken is even cheaper. I can get a whole chicken already cooked, hot and ready to eat for like $3 or $4 at my grocery store when they are on sale, which is every Tuesday. Now that's a deal.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you tried raising ostriches for a while, chickens couldn't be any harder could they?!
that'd probably be the cheapest way to go...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
you tried raising ostriches for a while, chickens couldn't be any harder could they?!
that'd probably be the cheapest way to go...

[/ QUOTE ]
...but what a set of drumsticks on them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sniper

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it, and all birds are DUMB, regardless of size! When I was small, we raised our own chickens and turkeys for eggs and food. I mean, chasing and catching those suckers was a job! Imagine chasing an Ostrich with mayhem on your mind. What would you do if you caught it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif No, thank you very much! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have chickens - 5 of them. they roam in a pen (its a 7 foot high meshwire fence that goes down into the ground a foot, and the bottom of the pen is sheet metal - i wont have these ones killed by blimming foxes!) and at night they go into their hutch. there is no way for them to escape because there is a poultry-lock (two doors, you go in first one, let it shut, then go thru second one), and personally i think their cute. we have a silky bantam, a pair of Silver-Laced Wyandottes, and a pair of Brown wyandottes. All girls, and we get 3-5 eggs a day out of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

neg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is that 3 per chicken? i like eggs never had em freash before i wonder if they taste better