The LionCub Thread - Pt. 8

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Glad you brought that up, acusifu - I am going to ship them along with the LionHeads. Two hundred of them would simply not fit in the box of Cubs which came to upper limits of single-box shipping weight range.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lanyards - yeah!!!!

When I got home, I un-wrapped the batteries from TW and put them into a storage case I have. Unlike other 123 cells, these didn't just drop into the spaces. I had to press them down a bit. Here's what I found:

I measured a few Surefire SF123A's and they average 0.64" OD, as do the BatterySpace RCR123A's. Those from TW averaage 0.66" OD. Well, the LionCub's battery cavity is about 0.67" OD, so the TW cells are a close fit.

Just thought this was interesting.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yeah Code-y, so along with that gold-over-nickel-plated spring, talk about NO battery rattle issues. Although I have even had to, from time to time, use a pair a tweezers to pull the battery out to recharge it.

seattlite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Codeman said:
Lanyards - yeah!!!!

When I got home, I un-wrapped the batteries from TW and put them into a storage case I have. Unlike other 123 cells, these didn't just drop into the spaces. I had to press them down a bit. Here's what I found:

I measured a few Surefire SF123A's and they average 0.64" OD, as do the BatterySpace RCR123A's. Those from TW averaage 0.66" OD. Well, the LionCub's battery cavity is about 0.67" OD, so the TW cells are a close fit.

Just thought this was interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PROTECTED Battery Station RCR123's also measure 0.667" OD, while the MP and "generic" RCR123's I received from fellow CPF'r "AW" measures around 0.644" OD . It seems the PROTECTED RCR123's are just a tad larger than the unprotected cells.

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
When I got home today I found a "we're sorry we missed you" tag from Fed-ex and no LC. It is at their station /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
FRANKVZ said:
When I got home today I found a "we're sorry we missed you" tag from Fed-ex and no LC. It is at their station /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif indeed, and this kind of thing used to get me all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif until I got to know all "my" regular drivers of the various carriers (mainly FedEx, UPS and USPS) due to all the deliveries of various stuff I get. Now they just sign for me and leave it in back...(which is gated and dog-guarded, for those of you thinking what I always think especially when I'm at work!)...so Frank, I guess the obvious solution is to -

buy more stuff!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
Hey Charlie, Do you think if I broke into the now closed Fed-ex facility and only stole my LC (it is mine after all) I'd get in trouble with the law? You being an officer of the law and this being offical evidence maybe Fed-ex wouldn't mind it so much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gifI need help I'm a FLASHAHOLIC

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Short story I got my LC #57 black today.
Long version to follow if you care to read it.

I got my notice yesterday that my LC had been picked up at 3:48PM and it was due on the 1st. Today I got off a little early and saw the FedEx van down a couple of blocks away from my house. So I rushed home to find one of the sorry we missed you tags. Usually my FedEx man leaves it with my neighbor as he works with her, but the package needed a signature. So off I go down the streets in my neighborhood and found the FedEx van driving right at me. So I put out my hand with the door tag and he stops while shacking his head like ya I knew you would find me. He grabs the package before he even checks the tag.
I love living next door to a FedEx employee. It has great benefits.

Thanks for a great light Charlie and thank you to Dan for the quick turnaround on the shipping.

mut

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was everybody supposed to get batteries and charger. Only thing in my box was the awesome flashlight(Love It). No batteries or charger. I can't remember. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Glad you brought that up, acusifu - I am going to ship them along with the LionHeads. Two hundred of them would simply not fit in the box of Cubs which came to upper limits of single-box shipping weight range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to clarify something - these 200 hundred lanyards were painstakingly handmade by our very own braddah_bill, CPF and HAT member, and were meant ONLY for those buying one or more of the original 200 CPF LE Cubs. Hey, ya gotta give people SOME-thing to make'em "Limited", don'tcha? Besides the serial numbers and "Made In Hawaii" and logo and some, uh, *other* stuff, I mean.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

So by saying the lanyards would ship with the LionHeads, I should have made it clear that they were only shipping with the anodized LionHeads, so that the lanyards would only reach the hands of the intended original recipients who stuck their necks out and put money down on what was basically, at the time of its unanticipated announcement (yeah and a big Thanks goes out again to MY fer that!), just words, a few descriptions, and - vaporware...

Thanks again.

Lips, yes I believe the light was being sold alone, with a rechargeable battery and/or charger only as options. This is because there were a lot of people out there already with the the necessary batteries and chargers.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im eccited to see thease light going out please post pics and stuff people

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad to hear that the CPF LE LionCubs are being received.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now I'm wondering if Dan has sent that one big package to ksbman containing the cubs for all us overseas members.. Unlike you guys in the US, I'll be waiting for at least another week before I can get my hands on my BLACK LionCub.. Can't Wait!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Since I'm posting here, I'd also like to give <font color="red"> Final Notice </font> for the LionCub Tritium Vial Groupbuy. I will be closing this in the next few hours, so this is your absolute last chance to buy some if you want them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

acusifu

Enlightened
It is always entertaining to read the posts of those who have just received their lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll be worth it gregw. I think my black LC might just un-root my Black LionHeart as my EDC. They are saaawweeeeeet!

For those that are getting a charger with your LC, I've been topping my cells off for the past few hours. Instead of a sudden change from red to green, like my other chargers, this one slowly fades from red to amber, then to green. I'm not sure if there's a real notiecable "last step" to green (haven't been watching when it happens, if it does), but I do like getting a warning, if you will.

The cells arrived at 3.77V and it's taking about 1.5 hours to charge them up from there. The cells are coming off at 4.11V, though I'm sure they'll go higher if left on the charger for a while longer.

Quality dark finally got here, and I've got to hit the sack. Argghhhhh.... I'm filling in for my supervisor for the next week, and I think the whole dang team tomorrow, so I better be responsible.

If I can work some in this weekend, I'll post some pics.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was soo excited when i saw a box came today.. just about the right size.. darnit.. was something else... bummer to have a LC with no batteries yet... i have about 14 of them.. how far you live from Racine, WI?

hey.. so since i signed up for an ano... nat lionhead it means i get a bonus of that marvy cool lanyard? I had no idea.. hope i'm right now that i got all excited about it.. I was a little worried when you said anodized only but i'm pretty sure i ordered a nat. ano lionhead to match my cub... but i have a bare brass one and aluminum bare model as well on order.. but don't think i ordered a LH for that... brother can borrow one of the unmatching ones for the bare.

I did order a 168 body in brass.. have a lionhead 168 body already.. and ordered a couple of1 150A bodies as well... this is quite a nice family of lights... i usually have my lionheart on me in a waistpack, and the not-in-use battery pack is 'at the ready' with a charged battery on my dresser.. I get about 25% more light out of the LH with the 18650 cell.. nothing to sneeze at.. like puttting in a Ubin...

I think that the combo of the 168 battery pack with the LC and the Lh will be mindblowing.. i will definitely get some measurements online... If i'm as happy as i think i'll be with it i expect i'll almost immediately put my sole UX1J star into the LC for some truly outrageous output... long as the current drive is not too outrageous.

man i hope it comes before the weekend.. weekends are fun for flashlights... my EDC right now is my RT4... it's a little on the biggish side.. 2D mag cut to 2C length.. does output about the same beam brightness as the lionhead in the beam measurement i remember, but with 4 emitters so it is astounding monster light..

that said... with the ludicrous small size of the LC even with the Lh attached... i think my favorite combination will be the LH 168 tube with the Lh attached... i like the 'squared off' look with the lionhead better than the 'spool of thread' look of the LC... the new 168 tubes will match the 'spool' look of the cub, which is also a nice look, but i don't think it'll look as nice to me as the LH body.

my show-off weekend is laborday weekend, and i can't wait to blow away some campers minds with the output that the lioncub is cabable of.... even if i have MM's prototype operational by then... max output is expected to be 200lumen/4000lux with the 'bighead'... i guess sometimes 'size matters'.. It was partly because of the fact that charlie's light with the Lh would outbeam my upcoming MM that i bought it.. i love that there are other designers out there going different routes that would actually make something i wanted to buy even though i could be making a very similar light if i went that path.

I do have some 'downright scary' things on the horizon but they are decidedly NOT pocketable.

i'm going to go cross my fingers now.. thanks for all involved in the LC project.. i know first-hand what it's like to make these sorta things... any of you HAT guys not busy in two weeks? :-D

-awr

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
im eccited to see thease light going out please post pics and stuff people

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold onto your penguin's hat Raggie.
I'll be posting lotsa pictures of my "Five-O", along with a minireview in a day, or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts