BABY BUNNIES

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

I thought I would share a picture of some adorable baby bunnies that a mama bunny decided to have in my front yard. So for the past 2-3 weeks or so I have been cutting, watering, etc, around the nest. I would check on them every day and finally today they all left the nest. There were 5 of them. So cute. I'm a girl, what'da expect? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lisa /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
[img=http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1264/00000327fz.th.jpg]

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a picture of some baby birds. My stupid neighbor next door cut their bushes that the nest was in and dislodged it from where it was sitting. Then the dumba$$ comes over and gets me because the babies fell out of the nest onto the ground. I used gloves to pick them up and put them back and I moved the nest to a stable place and they are fine now. Mama is feeding them. I check on them every day. I love all animals and I will do whatever it takes to ensure their safety, wild or domestic.

Lisa
[img=http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1249/00000350rt.th.jpg]

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love babays i wish i had some bunnys near me nnice pics lisa

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Well I'm a guy, and I have a soft spot for bunnies. We had a pet rabbit for 7 years. She was the most fantastic pet ever. Rabbits pull the craziest stunts when you least expect it. Totally unpredictable, completely crazy. I wouldn't trade 10 dogs we've had for that rabbit. On the subject, my girl and I saved a little baby bunny from a local pool last year. We think a kid threw it in the pool. I heard someone say, "There's a rat in the pool" and I knew before I looked it was a bunny. (You understand if you've ever seen a wet rabbit) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was trying its best to climb the sides of the pool and no one would help it! We took it to a vet, who really didn't want a wild animal anywhere inside the building, but they checked it out and made sure it didn't have any broken bones. We took it back to the area after a quick salad and some water, and let him go. I wish we'd just kept him. I like that photo, you can just make out a little nose on the right side.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool Lisa! My wife saved a bunny that was being taken to a dog park to be let go by a couple young girls who had been told to "get rid of it!"!! Yeah, like the rabbit would have stood a chance in a dog park?!?!

Buggs lives loose in our kitchen and earns his keep helping Bernhard with the marketing and provision of info on my lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I promised him a PhotonKing II some day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
I'd put my money on a rabbit over a dog. You get lots of good stuff at the bottom of the food chain. I don't mean in a fight, but no dog could catch a running rabbit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics Lisa. It's really nice of you to take care of the animals. I hope the birds will turn out alright!

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
My parents were hiking at a park and found a large housetrained rabbit a while ago. My neighbors raise them as pets, so they caught it and brought it home. We also have baby bunnies in our sawgrass every couple of years. So cute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Neat pictures, Lisa! Thanks for sharing them. Good for you for looking out for those baby birds. I'm sure that their mom appreciated the help also.

We've got a baby bunny living under the porch right now. I discovered him hanging out in the back yard the other morning and he is just cute as a button! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Baby bird update:

I'm happy to report that I checked on the baby birds earlier tonight and the mama was sitting on the nest. I left quickly so I wouldn't disturb her. I think they will be fine! I'm so glad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lisa

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bunny update:
The bunnies have left the nest as I have reported but they are still hanging around the house. I saw one come out of the bush in front of my house Saturday and then run into the other bush in front. Now I'm going to put out a mix of bunny food every day so I can help them along. I feed the wild birds, so why not the bunnies?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love critters racoons ducks geese all of em i have freind duck she follows me around. when im at lake but sadly i hvent saw her lately maybe she migrated

raggie33

*the raggedier*
here he she is
mybuddy3dq.jpg
here is baby geese there a lot bigger now but still dont look like there parents all thease geease hang togther now but when they had babbys they kinda seemed to stay away from other but now the babys are bugger they all swim togther its kinda funny seeing em
geeeses2kg.jpg

joecandlepower

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad you shared those cute bunnies with us.
I daily go to a college on business in So Cal.
And they have rabbits everywhere.
For the first time Friday I saw some baby bunnies.
They were so small like a Guinea pig size yet got around really well.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awww.... the little kid i am, i have a huge soft spot for all small helpless critters, especially furry/fluffy/fuzzy ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

neg

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33,

Nice pictures. When I come home from work early in the morning the ducks (I call em' duckies) are down the street eating food the guy puts out under his tree. They share the spot with squirrels and birds. I drive slow to watch them. Too cute.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lisa do u recall the post i made about the ferret i found he jusst came on my porch i scooped him up i love critters they do seem to like me to.i also had a duck at lake lol eveery time i went there he followed me i havnt saw him in a bit im so scared a hunter killed him his girlfreind was not as freindly