Neogentronyx Mech Prototype #1

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
This project has received international attention from many different press/media sources such as Stars and stripes magazine, FHM, CNET, G4 Tech TV,and the Associated press just to name a few, Links to these articles and more releases can be found at the following link as well as some video footage of the mech in action:

www.neogentronyx.com

This is for "Prototype #1"!! This guy's practically my neighbor (well he's about 45 miles north of me). I should drive up the road and check it out! Maybe I can do a "test ride"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He's selling it "here"!

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
That is very cool.

I am always in awe of anyone who has a dream, and just goes ahead and sets up a workshop and starts building stuff. 99.9% of these guys get nowhere, but the .1% who do, get in the history books.

I am not a particular fan of any series, but I've always been enamored with mecha in fiction. It's very smart that the inventor is focusing on "battlebots" arena combat, Search & Rescue, construction, and cargo handling. While the thought of using mecha in battle is great fiction, in real life, such a vehicle would be called a "bullet magnet" because of their large stature.

However, his prototype seems perched right on the lower border where (larger) "mecha" ends, and (man-sized)"powered armor" begins. And most any technophile who hasn't been under a rock for the past decade knows that the DoD, DARPA, the U.S. Military et all, is hotter for exoskeletons and PA than a 18 year old virgin with a drunk prom date...

Tres cool. I'm wishing him all possible success. If only out of a selfish desire to inhabit a future that is just that much cooler.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
COOL !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I LOVE Mechs ...
KingCrabBKavatarnew.gif

Thanx for sharing!

bernie

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats Freggin Elemental Battlearmor from BAttletech if i ever saw it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'd love to give it a test drive, but only if they can install a small laser or a one shot SRM-2 Pack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Oh and Jump Jets.

Shane

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yeah Battlearmor ... really an unnecessary add-on for this sweet game /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernie