JIL REV "Upgraded Lens" Doesn't Fit!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
JIL REV \"Upgraded Lens\" Doesn\'t Fit!

I haven't noticed a single post concerning this but did anyone notice that the thicker "upgraded" JIL REV UCL lens does not fit the original JIL REV? Yes, it fits but only if you want a huge gap in the bezel ring exposing the o-ring! Thankfully, Litfuse provided a mineral glass lens that fits perfect. I think Warren should make this known before more folks purchase an "upgraded" lens for their early JIL REVS. Wait a minute, I just did! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

L

LITEmania

Re: JIL REV \"Upgraded Lens\" Doesn\'t Fit!

yeah, upgraded thicker UCL must be changed together with new bezel, I will edit the part sales thraeds. thx.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Gene said:
I haven't noticed a single post concerning this but did anyone notice that the thicker "upgraded" JIL REV UCL lens does not fit the original JIL REV? Yes, it fits but only if you want a huge gap in the bezel ring exposing the o-ring! Thankfully, Litfuse provided a mineral glass lens that fits perfect. I think Warren should make this known before more folks purchase an "upgraded" lens for their early JIL REVS. Wait a minute, I just did!:D

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. When I purchase my (4) Jil upgrade kits, they all came with the upgraded reflector, UCL, O-Rings and longer bezel cap.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I guess I wasn't aware of that because I didn't receive the longer bezel cap. Warren is a great guy and I know he's really busy but in fact I didn't even receive the upgraded reflector. I had to send two e-mails about two weeks apart to receive the reflector. Again, this is not a condemnation of Warren at all. He's the one who brought these wonderful JIL lights to us in the first place and has done a wonderful job and I know he's busy as hell. Warren, can I get the extended bezel? Thank's much!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

My mistake as Warren e-mailed me and I didn't order the "kit", just the parts, (lens, reflector and o-rings). I was under the assumption that the upgraded parts would fit right into the original JIL REV. I apologize to Warren as the extended bezel comes in the kit and I thought I had ordered the kit. At least now we know you need the extended bezel to install the new UCL lens.