can ya tell me easy freid chciken recipe

raggie33

*the raggedier*
one that dont require lots of ingreidnts i have chciken breast .milk salt ,pepper and garlic i tryied to find good one on the net but there kinda confusing mainly as to howq much oil to use i have a 10 inch cast iron fry pan

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ragz,
Dip chicken in milk or beaten eggs

coat with seasoned breadcrumbs (salt pepper, garlic, hot pepper powder etc.)

repeat

put enough oil in pan to so that the chicken pieces would be at least 2/3 covered covered.

heat oil tricky part make sure the oil is hot enough. Try cooking a slice of bread. when it cooks upon entering the oil it should be hot enough

put in chicken cook until done Makes sure to cook the whole piece, don't move around too much though.

wife says you can put it in a preheated oven to brown even more.

I'm no expert but that's how I do it.

14C

Enlightened
You don't need much oil raggie...just enough to cover the bottom of the fry pan. Try marinating the chicken in beer, wine or salad dressing overnight. You can use pancake batter to coat the chicken after drying it out of the marinade or dip it in milk and first and then flour mixed with salt, pepper and garlic...if it's powder...and fry it in the pan that way...if you have a cover it can help shorten the time and keep it moist. If the garlic is fresh clove...chop it up and add it late in the cooking...you want the garlic lightly brown...not burn. If you have any veggies you can take the chicken out after it's done and add them - sliced onion, carrot, maybe some mushrooms - to the oil with the garlic and sautee them to go over the chicken. Use medium heat for the chicken and then lower for the veggies.

Over medium, heat in a little oil you'll want to turn the chicken pieces a few times to brown all of it.

14C

Enlightened
Oh Yeah...! You can put Crystal Louisianna Hot Souce on later...or....that might be a little weak for you...you can add some hotter stuuf later...if you do try some ranch salad dressing over the chicken after with the hot sauce of your choice....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: can ya tell me easy fried chicken recipe

Soak the meat in buttermilk, then bread it in seasoned (salt, pepper, garlic powder, Emeril's Essence) breading (crushed cornflakes, Panko bread crumbs, or Italian bread crumbs) - then fry in HOT oil! Sprinkle some additional Essence on the chicken directly out of the oil. Oh and don't forget to say <font color="red">"BAM"</font>!!

<font color="blue">Emeril's Essence ingredients:

5 tablespoons sweet paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup garlic powder
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
2 tablspoons onion powder
2 tablespoons cayenne
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried thyme

Directions

1. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Store in an airtight container.
This stuff is good on almost anything!!</font>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

or "Sigman's Easy Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu"

Place a boneless chicken breast between wax paper and pound it out flat (I use the bottom of a canning jar or strong drinking glass - yeah, they have those meat hammers you can buy too...) till it's about 1/4" thin.

Place a piece of mozzarella, provolone, swiss, or even american cheese on it.

Place a piece of sliced ham on top of the cheese.

Roll it all up into a little roll and secure with a toothpick. We usually cut the little rolls in half.

Then dip the roll in a seasoned egg/milk wash and then into seasoned bread crumbs (however you like to season your bread crumbs, but you may want to add a little sage as well - maybe a little cayenne pepper too!).

Bake at about 350 deg. for about 30 minutes or until done...

BTW, you can pan fry this in hot oil as well - but it's VERY GOOD baked!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool stuff thank you both.i love freid chicken i have flour but it is a weird kinda flour that comes in a cardboard can that has slideing plastic top .i aint sure if its real flour.my pancake batter is blueberry lol tomrow ill go get bread crubs and flour

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an easier time of it when I am deep frying it (chicken is almost covered). Though it is messier.

I think the real cooks don't have to use as much oil as a beginner.

I know you have problems with this one so don't give up!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14C

Enlightened
Wolfen is right on with the seasoned bread cru,bs too...they com in cardboard cans in a variety of flavors and not that expensive..I make meatballs using them and herbs and maple syrup...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, the secret to GOOD fried chicken, no matter what you put in the flower, is to soak it in buttermilk in the fridge overnight first. What i like to do is get boneless skinless chieken breasts and pound them out to an even thickness and do them up like that, Buttermilk overnight, nothing more complex than a little garlic salt and a little pepper in the flour, and fry in vegtable oil till they're nice and golden.

If you serve that up with some mashed potatoes and some country gravy you'll have to beat the women off with a stick!

Shane

raggie33

*the raggedier*
oil scares me cause im afraid it will catch fire but oven dont taste so good.the oild i have is vedgatble.i know if it does catch fire dont use water turn off heat and cover i think

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Yep...you got the safety part right!

Don't even attempt to throw it out, because flaming hot oil will burn you bad!

Turn off heat and cover it. Make sure you got a big lid close when you are using it. Don't heat it up too much, if you see smoke - shut it down because it may be close to igniting!

14C

Enlightened
Raggie..oil is OK..Use Olive oil for a lot of stuff and vegetable oil is fine...mix Olive oil with butter if you are going to use high heat...that way the butter does not burn. Use just enough to do what you need...never add anything with water on it to hot oil. Always point the pan handle inmward toward the stove. Save the used oil in a jar after it's coolled off alond with bacon grease and don't pour down the drain,,,put the closed jar in the garbage after it's full.

The only time I ever got burned was badly was frying a lot of bacon when I sloshed the greasy oil.

Good thing I was in my shorts when I was doing it!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
earlier i made chciken in oven i coated it with veditable oil and then put in oven it was awefull lol butter would beeen better to coat it with lol but the bad thing is i grabed the handle of the cast iron pan man it hurt .but i dont see no marks so im ok but lol i sure dont wana do that again

14C

Enlightened
Most professional cooks do not use pans with insukated handles. That way you can put a frying pan in the oven to finish a dish by baking or broiling, but they have enough burns to know that you grab it with a towel.

I have grabbed hot fry pans out of the oven and campfire and it is an eye-opener at the least.

You're lucky you still had the food in the pan and not on the floor...or on you.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the only thing i could find is flour can i soak it in regeler milk instead?i cant go back out dont feel like it plus it is about to pour and im walking.i always forget something lol

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're scared ot oil fire then keep a large box if Arm & Hammer baking soda handy, almost nothing better to dump on an oil fire if you cant find a lid in a hurry.

Shane

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i burnt it good lol i aint good at cooking stuff with oil but good at some cooking i love to eat

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont know about fried chicken, but i cook mccain potato chips and in-house brand salmon fish cakes (about US$2 for a 2 kilo bag of chips and US$0.30 a fish cake) in veggie oil lots - it a nice dinner and now the supermarket is selling chicken mince cakes just like the fish cakes - usually i have 2 fish/chicken cakes (depending on what we have and how i feel) and a handful of chips... just cook it in a small pan and enuff oil to half cover the chips and fish cakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

neg

justsomeguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi Raggie,

Here's an easy way to make Fried Chicken Southern Style.

First, put some veg oil into your pan, enough to almost cover the chicken when it is in the pan. Don't turn on the stove yet.

Then line up on the counter or table....

1) a plate with the chicken parts on it. I like to skin it first but you don't have to. Make sure it is thawed out.

2) Next to that put a bowl about half full of milk. Make sure it is big enough to dunk the chicken pieces into it one at a time and get the chicken all covered with milk.

3) Next to that put a clean paper or plastic bag with some flour in it. Add some salt and pepper then shake it up to mix it good.

4) Beside that put a clean plate big enough to put on all the chicken pieces without having to stack them up.

Now take the chicken pieces, one at a time, dunk them in the milk, then put them in the bag and shake it up until the chicken is covered with flour. Then put the chicken on the clean plate.

Now turn on the stove on high for 2 minutes. Then turn the heat down to about half. The oil needs to be hot but, not too hot, when the chicken goes in. I test that by dropping in just one drop of the milk. If it sizzles it is hot.

Now put in the chicken. Be careful and treat it gentle so you don't break the crust. Let it cook about 5 minutes or so. Turn it over a couple of times gently.

When you think it's brown enough take out one piece and cut it open, down to the bone. If it's red by the bone it isn't done yet so cook it some more.

If that turns out ok I could tell you how to make gravy out of the milk and flour that was used and left over.

Have fun,

just steve