Light storage? What and How do you do it?

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
So my question is how do you store your lights? Do you keep them all in one place or scattered around. I am not new to having lots of different lights around, However I only recently found CPF and have rapidly been accruing lights. Thor, Surefire L4, E2E 2X 6P, Inova 24/7 3 Photon micros 3 different head lamps and more M@G lights than I want to admit to but they will all be modded someday. As well as various battery cases, chargers and various spare parts. I live with family so the only space I have to work with is a mid size bead room. I was thinking about getting a book shelf (one of the corner ones) to keep all my lights on but wanted to get the input from everyone else first. I am sure there has to be a better way./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

My 3 cell M@G usto live on the nightstand till last night when I bumped the night sand and was clubed in the head by the falling end of my M@G light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif Probley the best I have sleep in a long time.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an aluminum, foam-filled case like this. Its good for several of my smaller lights, but it doesn't have room for the bigger stuff like Magmods. Several other lights are in a kitchen cabinet for quick use when I'm heading out the door, and plenty are in the sleeping chamber. Plus a few in the Explorer.

Also, see this thread.

best regards

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
This one might also be worth a look. It's about half the price of a similar sized Pelican case with foam. Seems to be nicely sized for a travel selection of lights.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I "store" my extra lights on my desk at home, where I can see them daily, and grab whichever I feel like using or dinking around with on a whim.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a big fishing tackle box - something like this - at Sport Chalet. Compartments are about the right size for lights and stuff.

Not full yet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a bunch of stackable paper storage trays and store mine in them with other stuff. I have 3 stacks about 16 shelves high with all sorts of stuff in them one by the tv set with tapes in it

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
Darn! It appears that I have made a dubble poast by not being able to spell the word Storing corectley when I did my serch/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif. Or for what ever reason I just did not find it. Thanks Powernoodle for the link... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

ALSO... Moast of my lights are living in varous places around the room and in the car... Not on the night stand any more though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I just place all my lights in a drawer I lined with foam. I place them horizontally, my 4D Mag fits perfectly in the shelf, anyhting larger, forget about it.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I keep most of my lights in Lock & Lock containers. My Pila GL3R sits on top of my desk or in my nightstand with my Peli M6. My 24/7 is in my car, with my 3D mag. My 4D Mag in my clothes drawer. Inova x5T in my night stand.

Aside from my miniMag collection, and a few other special lights, I guess I use all of them too often to deserve a special storage space.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello David,

When I first read your title, I thought "What a silly question..."

I store my light in my batteries... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Ok, bad joke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I store my lights in my hand, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
and in my pocket,
and in holsters on my belt,
and in my backpack,
and in the glove box in my truck,
and on the night stand,
and on the buffet,
and in the corner of the kitchen counter,
and on the back porch,
and in the garage, ...

I then realized that my wife would probably love me if I paid attention to this thread and organized my light collection. I have my batteries all organized in cases and fireproof containers, and my "extra" chargers are boxed up and on the shelf, but I must confess my lights are scattered everywhere.

Tom

Size15's

Flashaholic
Has anybody considered the Maxpedition Dodecapod or the TAD Gear KAUSB (K.ick A.ss U.ltimate S.chwag B.ag)

I'd like to know what sorts of [size & diameter] flashlights they can hold...

Al

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have most of my lights on a shelf.

dsc007055lp.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

jtice

Flashaholic
Im a shelf man myself also.

IMG_6785.sized.jpg

IMG_6811.sized.jpg

............ YOU HAVE AN OSRAM LANTERN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif mines still not here !

AuroraLite

Enlightened
I usually stored mine in a plastic stack of drawers, one lined up next to another, inside their own cases(so no scratches by opening the drawers daily). EDC 'primary' and EDC 'secondary' are layed flat, while other drawers are more packed.

Haha, Jtice, great display and collection--don't you ever worry the lights at the bottom shelf fallen all over when one of the end lights are tipped? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Ahhhhh you "shelf people" must not have to worry about "earthquakes" eh?!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NICE LIGHTS - wish I could store mine that way!

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Sivlerfox said, mine are just all about the house mostly, there is a place for them (a shelf), but then if they were there, they wouldnt be being USED.
if you have enough, then you can always find one somewhere, even if 2 are in limbo.

Latest posts