i love the 4th of july

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like seeing all the flags out and decoartions always brings a tear to my eye. i hope i can see the fireworks from my back porch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I love the 4th also. Always enjoy the sense of community that it brings, and I love watching the neat things they can do with pyro. Every couple of years I notice another neat new shell and I ponder how they did it.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Raggie,

I hope you have an awesome Fourth of July, and I hope that the fireworks are as bright as your brightest flashlights!

Happy Fourth!,
John

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too...........its' Party time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
MaxaBaker- which fireworks are you going to? (I probably know the town).

Last year I brought my Eternalight Rav'n 2 turned on to one of its crazy raver modes- it definately helped me and my friends find each other in the dark!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't actually know yet Solstice. I may not be going to any see fireworks. I didn't last year because they stopped doing them in my town (to many trees). I'll let you know as soon as I can!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I watched The Patriot today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
God bless all those who fought and died so we could be free.
I still prefer to call it Independence Day.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll be watching the fireworks on TV tomorrow, for the first time in many, many years - possibly the first time ever.
We'll be having a barbequeue tomorrow: hot dogs, hamburgers, and homemade "fart free" (egg free) potato salad.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a stunning reversal of stupidity the state of Georgia recently made "sparklers" legal again! And they don't mean just the kind you hold that are called sparklers but fountains and small shells and stuff below a certain size.

I'll bet there aren't too many examples of such laws being repealed. I know these things are not all that big or exciting, but they are way more exciting than nothing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So I'll be hitting the local grocery later on and getting a little assortment of little fountains and such. And legally for the first time in a long time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Right on raggie!! I hope everyone is having a GREAT 4th of July!! Be safe though - too much negative "traffic" on my police scanner.

All the campgrounds close to Anchorage were full Thursday night. SilverFox was in town and stopped by yesterday. We had our "4th of July" BBQ while he was here. PIT BBQ smoked pork loin, 5 (or more?) BBQ crockpot beans with smoked sausages, veggie tray & dip, homemade carrot cake!!!! Yummy!

Tom had to fly back home today and we've been smoking & canning salmon all day long. Won't be cooking tonight, but we've got some EXCELLENT "leftovers" from yesterday!!!!

I'd love to invite ya'll over...but you know with all the canning & smoking salmon going on, it's probably not a good time! I'm afraid some of the "smoked salmon" may end up missing!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif