Battlefield 2

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else playing? I've been addicted to this game ever since I downloaded the demo (on www.eagames.com). Fly Blackhawks, Cobras, Harriers, and drive M1A2 tanks, APCs, Seal Fast Attack Vehicle. If you don't want to fly, you can ride on the side and shoot a minigun while your buddy circles around the enemy base. Probably one of the bests FPS I've ever played IMO.

The only thing stopping me from buying the full version is because it lags a bit on my computer. I have 3.06ghz, 1gb ram, and 64mb vid card. If I could I would upgrade to 128mb vid card, but its a laptop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

gorn

Enlightened
I bought a new laptop just for BF2. Well, that was the excuse, my other one was a couple of years old. I picked up BF2 the day it was released. The online play is awesome.

My new laptop has 256MB of video ram. It plays real smooth. I still enjoy Battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat mod. But BF2 smokes it.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

i'll admit that i've played it a little bit. (a guy's got to have a little fun every once in a while right?)

another half hour or so and i should be promoted to lance corporal.

DarkLight

Enlightened
If you are going to be making grade soon you have been playing some hours hehe...

BF2 is great but you better have a GOOD pc with a decent vid card..

I have oc'd system running 3.75 ghz 1gig PC4000 X800 pro with silencer dual raptors Aud2ZS and I have decided I need another gig o ram..

Makarov

Enlightened
Ah, man, my laptop's way to old (2.5yrs) to be running BF2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
I've got several friends who's upgraded their PC's just for BF2... They say it's worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Battlefield 1942 was the first FPS that caught my interest, I've allways been a third-person-game kinda guy (starting with the original Tomb Raider way back when, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter later) for videogames (PS1 and PS2) and realtime strategy for the PC (Command and Conquer and siblings)
But one night of LAN-gaming at a friends house (after I had whipped all the others in C&C Generals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) one of the guys introduced me to BF 1942, we played until dawn (Really nerdy I know, more so as I was 27 at the time...) and it was great.
Playing as a team in a game that actually gave you time to think instead of just being blown out of the sky by some guy with a sniperrifle after 1.5 seconds of gameplay was new and refreshing.

Later came BF Vietnam and I finally got my wish of being a sidegunner on a Huey fulfilled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(I know it wasn't the job with the longest life-expectancy in real life, but it sure's looks funny)