My Fourth Of July Plans

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi All,

I am very happy and wanted to share my Independence Day plans with you.

I am actually a very big Tennis fan. In fact my CPF name is taken from the name of my Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 Tennis Racquet.

From playing, to watching, to collecting racquets, learning about stringing and so on down the line. In 2000 I even got to work in the Stringing Room of a place called Jay's Custom Stringing that works on professionals racquets such as Andre Agassi. Suffice to say I am a Tennis nut.

In any event, during July 4th week at the International Tennis Hall of Fame it is induction week. In addition there is a tournament there that week as well. Before the day and night matches each day they are having an Old Fashioned Tennis theme. Men wear long white pants and a long white shirt with possibly a hat. The women wear long gowns and a bonnet. And from there for one hour a doubles match is played with Wooden Racquets.

I am happy and honored to say that I and a friend were chosen to participate. So I wanted to share that tomorrow that will be how I spend my Fourth of July!

All My Best,
John

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi All,

I am a little slow to reply as my computer needed to have its software reinstalled. But now I am back.

Thanks for the well wishes, they are greatly appreciated.

It was great beyond words to play on the famed Horseshow Court at the Tennis Hall of Fame in the vintage clothes with my Wooden Racquet. And although I have played many times at the Hall of Fame, there was something magical beyond words.

I said to my partner, I guess this is Heaven. It was surreal, much like the way people must feel playing on the Baseball Diamond from Field of Dreams.

Words cannot describe it, but it was simply the best.

Thanks,
John