fireworks flashlights?

watt4

Enlightened
I think the board could use a fun thread today.

what lights are you taking to the fireworks display?

I plan on taking....

1) my new combo led/incan: 2x123, foresight brand, biglots purchased, $5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2) uke 2L, bright and light

3) a new-to-me xnova

u2R32311.jpg

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif (!!) Putting Maxabeam on charger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
i have a funny story about this. most people in my neighborhood go to the top of a hill in the middle of the development to watch the fireworks. Most families had garbage plastic everready flashlights, etc. Some guy had a 3 cell maglight and was being everyones hero shining it so people could see on their way up the hill. You should have seen the looks i got when i lit up my L4;0

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman- I took the Rav'n last year- I left it on one of the trippy "raver" modes and it stood as a beacon to let all of my friends find each other in the crowds.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll be watching the fireworks on TV this year, for perhaps the first time ever. But if I were to actually go to a fireworks show, I'd probably bring my eternaLight Rave'n, a SureFire L5 or L6 (to use as a headlight on my electric wheelchair), and a green laser pointer.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i took my lithium light, and overcharged it :) it only got one ooooohhh aaaaahhhhh though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ok really, i just grabbed a pocket 3W light, but i didnt go to the crowded areas.

watt4

Enlightened
I left the foresight in the car, just took the uke 2L and the xnova. used the xnova a little.

I'm not counting this week's edc pair (garrity keychain light and arc aaa). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
I ended up using my LionHeart.

Not sure I used all 32 level, but it was close.

It is amazing how nice it is to be able to dial in the amount of light needed for various tasks...

Tom

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
An Ultra G and TT-1 was all the light we needed as it was rather dark where we lit our fireworks. A headlamp on low would be good if you needed both hands and didn't have a helper. My daughter forgot her Dorcy AA, but that would have been plenty of light where we were.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was on a boat watching fireworks last night. I had and used a U2 on low for tasks on the boat, but I also took an Aleph 1 that has a Wiz2 1000 light engine and was perfect for identifying buoys, obstructions, and other boats while moving through the water. The skipper's comment was "Damn, thats a bright light!", and so it was.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
We did some cheap fireworks at the Powernoodle Compound. I used a Gladius for general navigation, and to charge up those neat glow in the dark fuses. Also had a Mag85 for giggles. Got out the Thor 15mcp Cyclops too, which is always fun. The downside to using the Thor is that it lets you see all of the pollen and dust and other cr*p thats floating around and going in your lungs.

best regards
me

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, I did't need a light last night at the fireworks. That's not to say I wasn't perpared, though. I had my Arc AAA and a Photon 2 on my keyrings, and my Arc LSL-P and TnC Key-LUX AA 350 mA in my pocket. Of course I had the usual lights in my car, a Mag 4D, a Hipwell 2D with red traffic wand, Hipwell heavy duty 2D, and a Brinkmann legend (?)- the one that takes 2-123 cells, just like a scorpion.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our fireworks are launched about 1/3 mile from Lake Michigan and the city sticks out into the lake a few miles so it's cool. In fact Two Rivers was promoted as the "Coolest Spot in Wisconsin" from the 1950's - 1970's. As usual, the humidity and fog rolled in and the smoke from all the fireworks stayed within 100' of the ground. Although not used for the fireworks, an E1L, G2/P61, SuperPeli Light, TL-3 and UK Vectra (18watt) were fun "lightsabres" in the fog & smoke.

Latest posts