NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Saving Private Ryan

Flashaholic*

Default Saving Private Ryan

That was on TNT tonight and they didn't gouge it with commercials. I had forgotten what a great, intense movie that was but I can't watch it that often as it is so emotionally draining.

Default Re: Saving Private Ryan

I think that Saving Private Ryan was an exceptionally well done movie. Team that up with the series Band of Brothers and youve got an unstoppable combo. Both masterpieces.

Shane

Flashaholic*

Yep I thought it was good I have the tape I have watched it a few times not tonight. I get TNT network: commercials normally long and often.
    Topper [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i get to emotnal to when i see them kinda movies.i saw that movie about the indian code breakers in ww2 .that was a hard movie to watch.i dont think i complted private ryan

I love the end when Ryan is an old man and he ask his wife if he is a good man. That part always brings a tear to my eyes and makes me wonder if I am a good man. Makes me want to strive to be a better man than I am.

Band of Brothers is also amazing, a little longer though.

I loved Band of Brothers also but why did they have to ruin it at the end with bedroom scene. I could have done without the nudity myself. It just was not needed in this film at all.

I love BOB! Nudity? What nudity? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] Probably got cut here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    flashlight said:
    I love BOB! Nudity? What nudity? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] Probably got cut here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    My brother taped it on HBO and let me borrow it. The last episode has the nudity. I just cant understand why so many films have to add that element when it is not needed.

Flashaholic

...and now you have me stumped... I have the whole set of BoB (I think it's 6 DVDs all together, innit?), but cannot remember any nudity (dangit!!, lol)

I remember it being a pretty intense movie tho, especially with a home theatre surround system... Man, that movie made me flinch!

As a personal opinion, I'd rank BoB in a diff category as Saving Private Ryan (which was also a very good movie, just in a "different" class for me, IMHPO)

I think I put BoB right up there with the 3 DVD edition of "BHD". "Saving Priv. Ryan" comes in a close second. "Southern Comfort" would be 3rd... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (and I doubt many of you will remember that one, giggle)

...and now, pls forgive my ramblin', it's the 4th of July after all, and I should attend to the BBQ...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif[/img]

COMSEUR
    LM CAT

Flashaholic*

I saw Saving Private Ryan in the theater and I remember thinking then that the first 20 minutes were the most intense I had ever seen on film. I doubt anything else I've seen has topped that. The rest of the movie was good but IMHO didn't live up to the D-Day scenes.

I didn't see it again too recently, but Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers are two of the most intense and tear jerking movies I think I'll ever see!

[ QUOTE ]
    COMSEUR said:
    "Southern Comfort" would be 3rd... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (and I doubt many of you will remember that one, giggle)

COMSEUR
    LM CAT

[/ QUOTE ]

National Guard troops pissing off Cajuns, now that's good cinema! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

I'm impressed, gorn... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Although I think you "just" might have it the wrong way around... (joke!) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But the music was real nice as well, and man!, that GUMBO!!!
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]

I have the One Sheet poster for Southern Comfort. Powers Boothe and Keith Carradine..a guilty pleasure. Walter Hill as director and Ry Cooder doing the music...unbeatable combo

Certainly is is a great war movie, but I can't say it's my favorite. It is very very emotional though.