Saving Private Ryan

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was on TNT tonight and they didn't gouge it with commercials. I had forgotten what a great, intense movie that was but I can't watch it that often as it is so emotionally draining.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that Saving Private Ryan was an exceptionally well done movie. Team that up with the series Band of Brothers and youve got an unstoppable combo. Both masterpieces.

Shane

Topper

Flashaholic*
Yep I thought it was good I have the tape I have watched it a few times not tonight. I get TNT network: commercials normally long and often.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i get to emotnal to when i see them kinda movies.i saw that movie about the indian code breakers in ww2 .that was a hard movie to watch.i dont think i complted private ryan

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I love the end when Ryan is an old man and he ask his wife if he is a good man. That part always brings a tear to my eyes and makes me wonder if I am a good man. Makes me want to strive to be a better man than I am.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I loved Band of Brothers also but why did they have to ruin it at the end with bedroom scene. I could have done without the nudity myself. It just was not needed in this film at all.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love BOB! Nudity? What nudity? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Probably got cut here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
I love BOB! Nudity? What nudity? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Probably got cut here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
My brother taped it on HBO and let me borrow it. The last episode has the nudity. I just cant understand why so many films have to add that element when it is not needed.

COMSEUR

Newly Enlightened
...and now you have me stumped... I have the whole set of BoB (I think it's 6 DVDs all together, innit?), but cannot remember any nudity (dangit!!, lol)

I remember it being a pretty intense movie tho, especially with a home theatre surround system... Man, that movie made me flinch!

As a personal opinion, I'd rank BoB in a diff category as Saving Private Ryan (which was also a very good movie, just in a "different" class for me, IMHPO)

I think I put BoB right up there with the 3 DVD edition of "BHD". "Saving Priv. Ryan" comes in a close second. "Southern Comfort" would be 3rd... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (and I doubt many of you will remember that one, giggle)

...and now, pls forgive my ramblin', it's the 4th of July after all, and I should attend to the BBQ...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

COMSEUR
LM CAT

drizzle

Enlightened
I saw Saving Private Ryan in the theater and I remember thinking then that the first 20 minutes were the most intense I had ever seen on film. I doubt anything else I've seen has topped that. The rest of the movie was good but IMHO didn't live up to the D-Day scenes.

gorn

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
COMSEUR said:
"Southern Comfort" would be 3rd... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (and I doubt many of you will remember that one, giggle)

COMSEUR
LM CAT

[/ QUOTE ]

National Guard troops pissing off Cajuns, now that's good cinema! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

COMSEUR

Newly Enlightened
I'm impressed, gorn... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Although I think you "just" might have it the wrong way around... (joke!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But the music was real nice as well, and man!, that GUMBO!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Banshee

Enlightened
I have the One Sheet poster for Southern Comfort. Powers Boothe and Keith Carradine..a guilty pleasure. Walter Hill as director and Ry Cooder doing the music...unbeatable combo

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Certainly is is a great war movie, but I can't say it's my favorite. It is very very emotional though.