ok online iq test are so bogus its insane

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i took the one thats pretty poplaer and rofl this is what it said about me
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
edd, your IQ score is slightly above the average IQ score. Congratulations! Among your skills, there are certain areas that stand out above the rest. The classic IQ test analyses your strengths and weaknesses based on your mathematical, linguistic, visual-spatial and logical skills. By analysing your answers we can discover the areas in which you have the strongest abilities.

You are equipped with a verbal arsenal that enables you to understand complex issues and communicate on a particularly high level. These talents make you a Word Warrior.

Whether or not you recognise it, your vocabulary is your strongest suit -- use it whenever you can. Since your command of words is so great, you are also a terrific communicator -- able to articulate big ideas to just about anyone. Your wordsmithing prowess will also help in artistic and creative pursuits. The power of words translates to fresh ideas off paper too. Since you have so many words at your disposal, you are in a unique position to describe things in an original way, as well as see the future in your mind's eye. In short, your strengths allow you to be a visionary -- able to extrapolate and come up with a multitude of fresh ideas.

chrisse242

Enlightened
Funny test after all. I don't believe in IQ tests, I think they mostly show education and socialization and have little to do with intelligence (whatever that term means). I had to cheat a little and use an online dictionary to translate some of the words into german (those x is the opposite of y questions).
Well, I can now officially say I'm a visionary philosopher. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
You're right Raggie , it's bogus...

Chrisse

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've usually gotten absurd numbers from online IQ tests and discount them ... and this one was no exception.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is like all other classic IQ tests, it is easy to learn how to do good on them. I could not find a claim on what range the test has (different tests has different ranges), but I think I found the lower range with 72, that was what I got when I deliberatly answered all questions wrong. This test had quite easy questions compared to what I have seen in other tests. I got 138 when I tried to do my best, and I quote from the test results "You are also skilled at answering the types of questions that are asked in a classic IQ test", showing that they are aware of the weakness of these tests.

Sigbjoern

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 30 years ago, Omni Magazine - an old defunct sci-fi mag - published a "super" IQ test which supposedly could measure the few percentile of highest IQ's. It was an interesting test so I and several of my young (and probably - fwoooh - swollen headed) engineer colleagues took it. It was hard but I thought I had done OK, until...

I came to the last paragraph where it said to send the test and $25 in to get my score - this back when a Corvette cost $10 K.

So I figure I passed the test - because I didn't send it in.

Only an idiot would pay that much to find out how they did in an IQ test... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a bachelor's degree in Psychology, so I have a very healthy skepticism for anything that comes out of that field, to say the least. Attempts to categorize people have been around probably forever. They used to measure peoples' heads. Now we know that is ridiculous and IQ tests, personality inventories and polygraphs will someday become extinct, too.

Forrest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does." I think that's about the best measure of intelligence there is.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
speaking of psychology.
when i was locked up in the mental ward (well i still am , but thats beside the point) they gave me BATTERIES of iq and psyco tests.
after getting tired of the 300-400 multiple choice questions, which often the "choices" were limited to a mere few ways of thinking, i started to hack the tests.
on one test i answered everything yes, then i got real creative, and started finding the answers that would make me 100% psycotic (assuming a REAL psycotic would actually anser that way too).
when they got back the results of the test, it was then that i determined that I WAS SANE and THEY werent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
instead of asking me why i mis marked the test, like any sane person could have done, they started to drill me on the questions.
"do you really hear voices in your head?" well sure dont you?
"do you see the little man here in this room now?" umm yup he is here right now.
"Why do you feel that your being persecuted?" Because of the little man, and the voices in my head.
"do you really feel like you want to hurt sombody?" Well just ask me one more dum questions, or another battery of tests and i will be thinking killing the little man, who is putting voices in my head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif