Wanted: MiniMag Host to Mag C/D Bezel Adapter

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'm looking for someone to craft me a couple delrin adapters that will allow a MiniMag tube to thread onto a C/D bezel. I've seen one or two posted sometime ago, however I don't recall who was making them. If any of the modders we're interested in making a small run (or just one or two for me), I'd definately be interested.

I'm tired of using rubber bands to hold my naked C/D reflector on my MiniMag host.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
TIN:

My sendiments exactly. the whole "move the reflector until it focuses" is not my idea of a decent light. I believe the last person who made an adapter like this is gadget_lover, who made a minimag-to-C head.

I'm curious too as to wether anyone would be willign to make something liek that...

Nick

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting - a market in search of a product instead of a product in search of a market. Color me in the market.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jim:

I know, thing just keep getting complicated don't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

I posted the same thing last week in search of a mini-mag turbohead. But so far I think we have as much of a shot at this as one of us find his/her way to a machine shop and lots of time on hand. SOmeone please prove me wrong now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Nick, maybe we should get up a petition and send it to fivemega. He can bring a product to market faster than anyone.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck yeah Jim. SO far we got three people, and considering how many people have modded minimag/mmmag/mmmmags, I bet there would be enough people to get this going...either that or sned gadget-lover an offer than he can't refuse... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So anyone else want this? Imagine, Spaceneedle performance out of a minimag...yeah...come on people, you know you want one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Oh and TIN: sorry for hijacking your thread. If you want either Jim, me, or both to start thread/s of our own, I would be happy to oblige. Or if you would allow please add my name after yours in the line......

Nick

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
270winchester said:
I posted the same thing last week in search of a mini-mag turbohead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think good thoughts - maybe the patron saint of new flashlight accessories will look kindly on us.

AW

Newly Enlightened
One for me too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Haha...a rally for the Minimag turbohead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
Given the price is right, I love to have one too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
270winchester said:
Heck yeah Jim. SO far we got three people, and considering how many people have modded minimag/mmmag/mmmmags, I bet there would be enough people to get this going...either that or sned gadget-lover an offer than he can't refuse... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So anyone else want this? Imagine, Spaceneedle performance out of a minimag...yeah...come on people, you know you want one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Oh and TIN: sorry for hijacking your thread. If you want either Jim, me, or both to start thread/s of our own, I would be happy to oblige. Or if you would allow please add my name after yours in the line......

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, feel free to keep it rolling here. I didn't know you posted a thread or I just would have jump into that one. This can't be that hard of a task for our modders with access to the right tools. It's pretty much a hunk of plastic with a hole on each end with some threads.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another good addition would be a head that would hold a 27mm reflector. My two-year-old BB500 R2H minimag could use a refresh.

Am I the only one that wants a larger 27mm reflector on a minimag? If so, I'll just sit down, shut up and color.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
The gods are smiling. I'm working on some details for adapters and/or turbo head. Stay tuned.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a flashaholic and Magaholic I'm interested too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one being built somewhere in california as we speak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
I'm going to be going to school for machining. If you want to wait a year or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif, I could be turning them out (pun intended).

savumaki

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gifI guess I should be interested since I have 3 minimags doing NOTHING in the battery cupboard!!!!!!