gross i just had a egg with something in it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
something red was in it .will i get sick i didnt think about it till after i cooked it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i aite it i feel ok it was already cracked before i aite it but i didnt think that matter since it is in fridge

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
if it was red like blood red spot then i think it was a fertilized egg. i don't think it is dangerous. might have snuck into your dozen, but check the next egg in a bowl before you cook it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol there not old or anything maybe there real freash this is the chciken captal of the world .

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you just bit the head off a chicken! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Try looking here for some information that will help calm you, although maybe not lessen your grossed out feeling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im always so supsried i never get bad food posneing im so clutered wehen i cook chciken scares me the most cause a slamenela.tomorw ill go buy some bleech i mix it with water and use it to clean everything not the chciken its self though lol

Empath

Flashaholic
About the only thing you'll find in an egg is yolk, egg white, and if it's a fertilized egg, a partially developed chick. All three are digestible.

If you find an egg that is cracked, it's best to play it safe and discard it. Salmonella can get into the egg through the crack. It probably didn't, but it's best to play it safe.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
There are no health risks from eating eggs that have red spots, and the red spot doesn't mean the egg is fertilized. It's just a spot of blood. If you see a blood spot, dip it out with a spoon if you think it looks nasty, it poses no health risk. I think they are caused by the rupture of a blood vessel on the yolk's surface during it's formatrion inside the chicken.

In fact: As an egg gets older water moves from the egg white into the yolk, diluting the blood spot. So a visible blood spot actually means a fresh egg.

So, don't worry Raggie, you'll live. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
raggie, if you start finding fine feathers on your arms & legs and you feel something sort of hard like a "beak" forming on your lips...I think I'd have someone check you out.

Otherwise - I'm thinking you may just end up dreaming whatever chickens dream of! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ohhhhh I forgot to add, if you feel "nervous" whenever you go past a Kentucky Fried Chicken joint (or see a KFC commercial on television)...that might be a bad sign as well!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thank you everyone.man darn tricky chcikens this realy is supsed to be the place with the most chcikens in the world i saw it on news less i miss undederstood it. i do see em driveing semis all the time i hate when they drive by it smells so bad

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Have you seen those egg and chicken omelets? It's so sad, they take the eggs out of the chicken and then cook the chicken. What a world we live in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those that re-assure you nothing was wrong with the egg are almost certainly right. It might also be a bad egg, but that has nothing to do with having a little blood spot or not. And you won't likely know till sometime tonight if you got something nasty from it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif but I think not.

Wanna see something REALLY gross?

While on vacation a few weeks ago I was enjoying some fish and chips and pulled this WORM out of a piece of fish I had been eating!!!! I was unpleased and really grossed out. The pic isn't all that clear, but I took it just in case I got some strange parasite and had to show it to a doc. This wasn't in some strange country either, just florida....

worm.jpg

Oh, I get sick again just thinking about it...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif "THANKS" for sharing that with us James! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif