What will you do with your old Arc AAA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vortex

Newly Enlightened
When you get your new 5.5 lumen version, what will you do with your old one(s)?

I only have an Arc AAA std. I'm going to order 2 new premiums. I was thinking of trying to mod the old now that I'm not Affraid destroying it. Or, might just leave it as is and attach it to my dog's collar when I take him out at night. What is everyone else at cpf do with them? I also hope to see more Arc AAA mod threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with t-i-n. I still carry my first (and only) AAA every day. It was my first LED and post-CPF purchase. Besides, three lumens still works.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Darn greenLED got to it before I had to chance to post my request to send them to the <font color="blue">"Special Sigman Foundation"</font>. You will receive a very nice certificate (that can be framed!) recognizing your charitable contribution and membership in the <font color="blue">"SSF"</font>.

I'm collecting them to uhhhhhh....errrrr, for some special reason that would make you feel really good to donate them. Please include a personal note so that I can attach to each ARC AAA - so that I'll remember who I got them from and to establish the "genealogy" of each torch.

This is for a really GREAT cause (did I mention that?)!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
They sit on my desk. They are still pets for the hands. When the need arises I have a few choices. Sometimes I pick up the cat -- sometimes I pick up an ARC. The ARCs can't replace the cat, but it's closer than you might think -- especially the Turquoise ARC AAA. Only half kidding.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
You Guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny my wife was digging the parts of another coin cell light out of the bottom of her purse and I mentioned I wished that I had bought another ARC so she could have one before they went under then noticed a post on equipped.org saying they were going to be available again. Now the question is who gets the brighter one, me or her?

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Eugene said:
Funny my wife was digging the parts of another coin cell light out of the bottom of her purse and I mentioned I wished that I had bought another ARC so she could have one before they went under then noticed a post on equipped.org saying they were going to be available again. Now the question is who gets the brighter one, me or her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a trick question? The correct response is: "Both of you!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
chimo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Eugene said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a trick question? The correct response is: "Both of you!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no. GreenLED should get them. Trust me guys, send them my way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
[ QUOTE ]
chimo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Eugene said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no. GreenLED should get them. Trust me guys, send them my way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

GreenLED, when did you start the forwarding service (to me)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

83Venture

Enlightened
With the $10 price to upgrade to the new LED and a $14 shipping fee I am keeping mine. I have had it in my pocket attached to a Micra for several years now and it has never failed to work.

I put one in my wifes day planner pen holder and I don't think she has ever turned in on, not sure she even remembers it is there. Same with the WineLight in her purse. At least if things go dark and she is around I know I have a good backup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
leave it on the keyring of death where it has resided for 3+years.i didnt know i needed a new one?hell its just now getting broke in.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'll probably stick it in the car or put it in the rotation with my other "creeping around the house" lights. One thing I won't do is give it to my wife. She's never used the Dorcy AAA I gave her.

Geoff

avusblue

Enlightened
I've got a couple Arc AAA's I'm planning to sell now that I've ordered some new AAA Premiums. The question is, what do y'all think the going rate on used AAA's will be, now that the new ones are available? I've got a couple HA grays and one black, all of them version 3.1 with the original circumferential inscriptions. They're in excellent condition, with mint packaging. (One has never been opened at all).

How much should I plan to ask when posting them to BST in a week or two?

Cheers,

Dave

ericl

Newly Enlightened
I'm gonna give a few away now as gifts. Most friends will be very happy with them.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try to sell them before they become worthless...oh wait, too late. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mark

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...don't forget that "NICE" SSF certificate (that's suitable for framing!) that I'm offering! Membership in the "Special Sigman Foundation" is growing (uh - yeah!)

(actually - don't even make me actually design and ship one of these certificates! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

goldenlight

Enlightened
You are assuming that I'm willing to replace a perfectly working Arc-AAA which I paid about $24 for, with one which costs $46.

Not enough improvements to get me to 1) Pay almost TWICE as much as I paid for my first Arc-AAA and,

2) "Retire" a perfectly functional Arc-AAA which has served me very well for quite awhile now.

I'm simply going to keep using my 'old, obsolete, dim, and inferior Arc-AAA', which I am perfectly satisfied with. As was everyone else who bought one at the time, I'd bet.

When the price comes down on the New Arc-AAA Premium, I might buy one.

I simply can't justify the expense, at this point.

I'm sure the New Arc-AAA Premium is very nice....but I can live with what I have, for quite some time to come, I think.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
goldenlight said:
I simply can't justify the expense, at this point.

I'm sure the New Arc-AAA Premium is very nice....but I can live with what I have, for quite some time to come, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you haven't caught the CPF disease yet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.