man i want lance armstongs bike

raggie33

*the raggedier*
they say it weights less then a horse shoe that has to be pretty darn light

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's crazy how advanced all of their biking technology is. I believe his shoes are very rigid...but only weigh something like 11 ounces!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
It's crazy how advanced all of their biking technology is. I believe his shoes are very rigid...but only weigh something like 11 ounces!

[/ QUOTE ]cool some day we will have bike thats weighths like 9 lbs id love that

LightHearted

Enlightened
I'd love to have any of Lance's bikes. His Tour De France bikes probably top out at about 15 lbs. They could be made to be lighter though. This is because the International Cycling Union, the organization that oversees the regulations for international cycling events, has set the minimum allowable bicycle weight at 6.8kg (14.99 lbs). I think they do this for safety and to keep a level playing field. There has been a lot of debate about this lately, because a few of the more well funded teams in the Tour have actually had to ADD a little weight to their bikes to meet this rule. I guess it's good for the sport, but I'm sure the bike manufacturers don't like it.

Cheers,
Ken

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
How much does the bike weigh after the seat is saturated with butt sweat? EWWWW! He can keep his bike!!!

J_Oei

Enlightened
I heard on OLN that the team time trial bikes that Phonak (I think it was them) cost a mere $25k EACH!!!

All that on a bike that was used for only 70 minutes for the whole race!! (Add that to their individual time trial bike, a climbing bike and a bike for the flats, and you can see why the bike teams have multiple sponsors)

[ from a former CAT3 ]

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened
Yeah raggie, you're not the only one drooling in front
of his bike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
I also drool when I see the times he does on time-trials etc:
it ain't all in the bike!
Olivier

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think of it this way, Rags....
Those bikes are not made to be ridden for more than a few hundred miles and unless you have the weight/build/height of Lance... it won't fit!
In flashlight terms... Lance's bike is the XWOS binned LuxeonV running at 2,500 mA in a minimag...a screamer but it won't last long!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe he uses a Trek 5.9 Madone bike. They cost about $7,000 and weigh in at about 7 pounds.

Actually, I can see this bike anytime I want to! My kindergarten teacher's son was Lance's main reporter during the last Tour. Lance gave him the bike he used most during the Tour becasue they became pretty good friends. How can I see the bike? Well, the reporter gave the bike to my old teacher (his mom) to keep in her house because he travels so much and wouldn't want the bike alone in his apartment. So where is the bike now? About 6 blocks away from me! I'll see if I can get some pictures on here for you all to see.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Have you seen the commercial on TV where the Orange County Chopper Father & Son team "chop" Lance's bike?

FUNNY!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Have you seen the commercial on TV where the Orange County Chopper Father & Son team0 "chop" Lance's bike?

FUNNY!

[/ QUOTE ]SHUT ITT

raggie33

*the raggedier*
id love to see pics if ya could get em max.thats one sweet bike i sure hope he wins again

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol btw i wasnt telling sig to shut up thats what the dad says in the comercail to mikey

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that's a great commercial!!!!

I'll getum as soon as possible Raggs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gessner17

Enlightened
I just picked up a new road bike, while not as nice as Lances, it is only 17LBS, part carbon fiber and titanium, I do have to say, it makes a huge difference being that light. I took it out yesterday and I could effortlessly keep a 15mph average, while my friend on his MTB was struggling to keep up. It was great.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I love the episodes of American Chopper where OCC built Lance his own Motorcycle.

I'd also love to see a show, if it does not already exist, where they show the technology that goes into his Racing Bike.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yes. I didn't know until today that he also suffered from brain cancer and now has two holes in his head because of the treatment he had to undergo. What a strong spirit.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cancer was in his lungs and brain.

He is VERY fortunate to be alive, let alone winning the TDF 6 times!

Bob