V2 tactical coast led-lenser

attowatt

Enlightened
Anybody have one of these.

I would like to open the head to get at the switches and or leds, and have not quite figured out how...without damaging it.

Any suggestions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Thanks
Jim

dsc008187nu.jpg

dsc009435dk.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I have one with four colors and four buttons and the head won't open either. Honestly ... I do not think it's worth the effort as this light has too many weak points that would need attention. I think of mine as a nice toy, nothing more.
bernie

attowatt

Enlightened
Thanks Bernie,

I have an idea of a mod I would like to try, and this is the only type( switch in the head, as opposed to on tail cap) that I have , that seems readily available. I wanted to mod my Q-III but again just like on my surefires... the switch is on the tailcap. Maybe I will have to go buy another flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif, one that has the switch in the head, or closer to front.

Something small either 3aaa or 1 cr123, makes no diff.

Any ideas?

Jim

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the v2 6 chip. I think maybe you push the bottons in and push the head out from the business end through the battery end. Just a guess from looking at mines.

attowatt

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cobb said:
I have the v2 6 chip. I think maybe you push the buttons in and push the head out from the business end through the battery end. Just a guess from looking at mines.

[/ QUOTE ]

cobb,

I applied the same technique others recommend for the Q-III, by ziploc bag in the boiling water for 1 minute. Then using needle nose pliers inserted into the slots on white plastic, screw counterclockwise and voila. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Then grab black housing that holds both switches, tug gently, as there are 2 small springs attached to housing which transfer voltage to ckt board.

This is as far as I need for my modding, however it looks like if you push both buttons in, a rubber membrane(white) ALONG with the leds housing will slide out. I had applied GLOW/epoxy in the small holes as seen in pic, so it may be difficult to remove led housing for me. I'm ok with that as my mod does not concern LEDS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

dsc009473cr.jpg

dsc009487hk.jpg

dsc008453ru.jpg