NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Downloading Online Photos ?

Default Downloading Online Photos ?

For some unknown reason, when I try to download an online photo by right clicking my mouse, I no longer get the JPEG format as an option -- only Bitmap and Art (?) formats.

I'm not a computer guy, so does anyone have any idea why my JPEG option no longer works (and how I can correct it)?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thank you.

Default Re: Downloading Online Photos ?

AOL? I know they use a unique format.

I think it depends on the image you are selecting. For example, the CPF logo at the top of every page (the blue thing), is a GIF file. When I right click it and go to "Save Image As..." my only option is to save it as a GIF.

*Flashaholic*

the first cause of this can be a full net cache.
    because the jpeg is not being stored in the cache, so the only save method is the only display method, which is a uncompressed map of the display, like bmp.

well something like that, anyways clear out your net cache, and restart (at least the browser) and see if that works.
    there are 2-3 more reasons, but that is the first and formost.

what vidpro said

clear your cache (if you use IE, go internet option and delete files. might take a while, dont try to do anything during this time, it might crash your compy or make you think your comy crashed)
    then close all browser and start over [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yes, AOL.

I'll try and clear the cache and see it that helps.

Thank you.