Downloading Online Photos ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
For some unknown reason, when I try to download an online photo by right clicking my mouse, I no longer get the JPEG format as an option -- only Bitmap and Art (?) formats.

I'm not a computer guy, so does anyone have any idea why my JPEG option no longer works (and how I can correct it)?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thank you.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it depends on the image you are selecting. For example, the CPF logo at the top of every page (the blue thing), is a GIF file. When I right click it and go to "Save Image As..." my only option is to save it as a GIF.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
the first cause of this can be a full net cache.
because the jpeg is not being stored in the cache, so the only save method is the only display method, which is a uncompressed map of the display, like bmp.

well something like that, anyways clear out your net cache, and restart (at least the browser) and see if that works.
there are 2-3 more reasons, but that is the first and formost.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
what vidpro said

clear your cache (if you use IE, go internet option and delete files. might take a while, dont try to do anything during this time, it might crash your compy or make you think your comy crashed)
then close all browser and start over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Yes, AOL.

I'll try and clear the cache and see it that helps.

Thank you.