Blink-A-Drink mug

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Blink-A-Drink mug
A couple on ebay also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I got one for my Birthday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Sort of neat gadget. Only good with clear liquids. 6 LEDs 2 red, blue and green/yellow, flash in a rotating order. Lights up your face if you have water in the mug. Would I recomend one? For fun maybe but not to use as a light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
My kids have a couple of them, they love them, with all the flashy lights.

doug

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll bid on one on Ebay and see if I win it.
The online store does not accept Paypal and I don't have a charge card, otherwise I'd buy one there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

The_virus

Enlightened
Neat! A buddy of mine got a pair of similar glasses with LEDs in the bottom for his birthday, his were shot glasses though...and they light up when you slam the glass down on the bar/table... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I won the listing, and added it to the "Coming Soon" sections of my website.
When I receive it, I'll evaluate it and post some of my findings in this thread.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Why is it that everytime I glance at the title of this thread, my brain reads "Bring-a-Drunk mug". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif No offense intended, but this keeps popping in my head and I thought it was weird (or a subliminal message that I need a break) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got in the mail yesterday the perfect match to that mug. It is a "Find Your Drink in a Flash" coaster. When you put your Blink-A-Drink mug on the coaster the red LED simulate a rotating red lights around the edge of the coaster. The coaster could have more LED to simulate a better twirl but for the price of $1.75 each the coaster gets the idea across.

Don't get the $1.95 larger version. It has a dimly fading single LED. It is boring. The smaller one is exciting.

I'm sorry but I didn't get a lux reading from the red LED emitters. But I shouldn't since this is not the review section. It is rather bright and noticeable in both day and night. I wouldn't use the coaster for the midnight stroll to the toilet even though the red LED emitters are bright enough to see your way there. The revolving red lights might draw unwanted attention to your imperative task.

Impress your loved ones at a fine dining establishment with a set of blinking mugs and twirling coasters. Everyone will notice you as a person that commands respect.

You should have been there when I opened the box with the four coasters. My wife was amazed. The first thing she said to me was, "I DON'T BELIEVE IT! You got THAT in the mail? I REALLY DON'T BELIEVE IT!!" See...she was incredulously amazed at the revolving LED coaster.

You could even put your favorite flashlight on the coaster to draw attention to it. Tape the coaster on a light then the light would have a poor man's flashlight strobe. How's that for an easy mod? You can disorient everyone near you with a drink and this necessary accessory.

You can find the amazing revolving LED coaster HERE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
TrueBlue, if you'd be so kind as to mail me one of these, I'll gladly reimburse you, either via Paypal (I have $7.51 available in it) or money order (if the total is more than $7.51).

My address is:

Craig Johnson
The LED Museum
745 N. 104th St.
Seattle WA. 98133-9211

My address is openly posted in numerous places on the internet, so I don't mind posting it here.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Muse...somehow I knew the coasters would catch your attention. I just knew it would. I'll send you one of each. A large and small one. It is worth evaluating for everyone.

Don't worry about the money. These items are worth the review.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They won't survive your "smack test."

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thank you very much TrueBlue!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TrueBlue said:
Impress your loved ones at a fine dining establishment with a set of blinking mugs and twirling coasters. Everyone will notice you as a person that commands respect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course!

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will command a lot more respect with a blinking mug and rotating coaster than the guy you are having dinner with that is just carrying 12 lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LED Muse...the package is ready and will be in the mail tomorrow. I would say in four to five mailing days you'll be amazed at the coasters.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thank you ahead of time again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'll PM you when I receive them, and leave the appropriate message for you in the Cheers'N'Jeers forum immediately afterward.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to abort the mailing today. My wife picked up the package to mail. When she pushed on the sides of the package, you guessed it, you could see the LEDs swirling in the bubble wrap manila mailer. I'm trying to find a way to pack up the coaster without drawing attention to the 'red alert' light at the post office. I can just imagine what the postal people would do if they saw the package with swirling LED revolving around. Not good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hey, don't worry about delaying the mailing. When you have things fixed up, mail it then.

I received the Blink-a-Drink cup today, and as soon as I find a phillips screwdriver small enough to remove the battery door and install the included AAA cells, I'll start my evaluation of it. Since it is a blinking product, I'll shoot a brief movie of it too.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Instead of using a mailing pouch I got around the problem. I simply put the coasters in a box with bubble wrap around the coasters. Thanks for the suggestion, watt4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The coasters are on the way to Seattle! The coasters are amazing. Well, one of them is.