Would this work out?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a review on the kl3 and I like the throw. But all the compatible bodies are to big. I was thinking about puting a e2c adapter on a VG Fb1 and then adding the kl3. I heard that it wont work on a normal single cell, but how would it work with a R123 in terms of brightness and runtime (how would it regulate)? thanks

-david /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I tried mine with both 2x123 and a PILA 168S and got the same readings on my light meter. I also assume it is safe to run it on a Li-Ion, but of course I cannot tell for sure AND this represents just my sample.
bernie

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, my store is getting them on Tuesday, or sometime around then. It is a military store, we are priority. It should cost about $55.

-David

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh wow, you lucky SOB.

The only thing i have reservation now about getting one is the zise, being significanly bigger than the regular bezel it replaces, it'll make my C3 look even weirder clipped to my pants pocket...

Let us know how you like it.

Nick

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, thats why I want to make that thng that I posted, so that it wont be so big. I need to know if it'll work.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
DO rechargeable batteries have worse batter life than regular 123s?

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
so, they make less power? I just need to know if a r123 has enough power to work the regulation and I need the runtime.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
anybody know how the circuitry would adapt to the 3.7v r123?

-David

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming it's a down converter, any battery configuration over the vf of the led should work... a R123 should be at arround 4.2V when charged so it'll work just like it works with a kl1. Just don't expect any amazing runtime with a single R123 cell.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it doesnt have the same regulatin as the kl1, or so I have been told. Can somebady please explai the difference.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
But does everything look like it would work? like with the adapter from lighthound and the r123s on VG fb1?

-David

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it sounds like you know more than I do here... but to answer your last question, yes your setup will work. Don't sweat it.
It's supposed to replace the old KL3 model so it should be designed to work with two or three cells which also means it should work with one li-ion cell.
Maybe the difference you're talking about is a newer and better current regulator, I don't know and frankely I don't think we'll find out until someone with a battery discharge analyser gets one of these to review.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks KongfuChicken. We'll see how it works out.

-David