Snow on July 6, 2005 in Anchorage!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
It happens here and there...we just had a little storm move through the area and once the clouds cleared away from the Chugach Mountains just to the East of Anchorage...we saw this (BTW it's 77 degrees on my front deck!):
resizeofjuly62005snow22ls.jpg

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't see the picture. I've seen it snow in the White Mountains of NH in June and September but I don't recall July.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...looks like Imageshack is having hiccups! Isn't that why I switched to them in the first place? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya are kiding me witts? no way i could never take that much snow when i live in lagrange it only snowed like 1 per year. now i live in gainesville ga im more north it may snow more i like seeing snow but not to much lol o and ps cool pic sig

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's that danged "Global Warming" causing all this midsummer, northern hemisphere snow.

Fortunately, we haven't had any snow here in South Central New Mexico for nearly a month, so I could finally put the snow shovels and the "ice melt" salts in the garage for the next month or two..

If Bush would just sign on to that Kyoto sca... Uh... Treaty... at the G8 meeting tomorrow, the world's climate would return to normal.

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
It's not Alaska, but I've had my tent collapse on me under the weight of wet snow on August 16, as far south (relative to Alaska) as Calgary, AB, Canada.

So much for summer camping!

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
How high is that mountain?
It did snow on me on a hiking trip last summer on July 16, but then I was at 4500 feet. I guess if you go high enough, it will snow no matter what time of year.

Sigbjoern

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
A few years ago we went to Lake Tahoe for a week of relaxation. Mid July. On Sunday we walked by the lake, temps in the high 70's. Then we had a wind storm that was terrible. That was followed by toretiual rain, then two days of snow.

The skys were clear and the roads dry when we drove home.

Daniel

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Lurveleven said:
How high is that mountain?
It did snow on me on a hiking trip last summer on July 16, but then I was at 4500 feet. I guess if you go high enough, it will snow no matter what time of year. Sigbjoern

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, those are right in the 4k range. Indeed that's where we get a little "dust" in the summer at times. Just kinda neat to see snow in July!