What is your earliest memories?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall being in the kitchen sink being given a bath when I couldn't have been more then three or possibly four and biting into a piece of soap. It's funny how some memories work. When I was six (1969), I recall quite clearly watching the first man walk on the moon on TV while attending summer head start. However my grandfather died later on that year and although I have somewhat fuzzy memories of him, I don't recall him dying. Wish I had memories of a previous life as some have claimed!

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm the first thing i still remember was being at the hall closet with all the papers pulled out, being shown my birth certificate, amazed that i really was NOT adopted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Teething on the edge of a round cake pan.

EDIT: Don't ask me what I had for lunch today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Throwing snowballs at my great uncle's garage door in Massachusetts when I was 4.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Playing basketball on a small goal in my family room. Tile Floor in that room...ended with me falling and face planting it on the tile. One of my teeth from that day on was my "Grey Tooth" as it was grey until it fell out a few years later. That was all around the age of 4.

Cameron

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is true.
I can remember being less than 6 months old,laying in my crib, not being able to turn over, not understanding speech, being very, very bored. Waiting for people to walk by my crib,just for entertainment.
My mother told me it was hogwash until I told her where my crib was located in their bedroom by the door to the living room. She was really surprised when I told her that because I didn't spend too long in their bedroom in that crib.I can remember many things from early childhood. I remember crawling around on the kitchen floor getting into cupboards and putting virtually anything in my mouth, hence I can also remember being taken to the hospital to have my stomach pumped out a few times as well.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I actually remember being in my mother's womb. I can best describe it as a vague memory similar maybe to floating underwater while hearing strange muffled sounds. As for after birth memories, I have lots of them starting pretty much from the time I was born. One in particular was me pulling the covers off because I felt hot. Another one was urinating in my grandmother's face while she was changing my diaper. In both cases I was probably just a few months old. Funny thing is I remember stuff dating from my early childhood up to my college years better than recent things.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
being the actress who played tootie on the facts of life

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
raggie -----> WHaaaaaat? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was about 3 1/2 years old when they brought my newly born brother home from the hospital. My Grandmother was watching me and I was playing with a little car on the hardwood oak floor in our living room.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty intense. I sorta have some vague memories of being very small but they are so vague I can't rule them out being a creation of my imagination.

[ QUOTE ]
jtr1962 said:
I actually remember being in my mother's womb. I can best describe it as a vague memory similar maybe to floating underwater while hearing strange muffled sounds. As for after birth memories, I have lots of them starting pretty much from the time I was born. One in particular was me pulling the covers off because I felt hot. Another one was urinating in my grandmother's face while she was changing my diaper. In both cases I was probably just a few months old. Funny thing is I remember stuff dating from my early childhood up to my college years better than recent things.

[/ QUOTE ]

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
I remember being just shy of three years old when my parents brought my newborn youngest brother home from the hospital, and taking him back a month later with pneumonia.

My workers claim I should remember being Napoleon or at least one of the Spanish Inquisitors. Never did understand why /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Witnessing what I believe was a total solar eclipse when I was approximately 1 in Juneau AK. I remember standing in my crib & holding onto the bars, and looking out the window on the opposite side of the room, noticing that it was getting dark outside at ~10:00am on a clear summer day.
It would be quite a few years later before I really figured out what happened, but I do have the memory of the event itself.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, you are a RIOT! Did you ever consider offering your services as a comedy writer? Seriously, I love your very unique, original, sense of humor. You busted my gut with your Tootie retort. Glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee.

Earliest memories - either 2nd or 3rd birthday. Deffinitely remember that one day I was looking into a large box of wire I had collected and saying to myself that I was three years old. I suppose it was natural that I spent half my life as an industrial elelctrician.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember sitting on the kitchen table while the apartment was flooded; thinking it had rained fish (fish store in front of us had simply thrown the dead ones out and they washed into our yard); discovering matches; and waiting for my grandparents to arrive after a 400mi drive. All of that was prior to age 3.

The most vivid early memory though, is the same as COMSEUR. I'll never forget that day, exactly 1 month short of my 3rd birthday, nor the 2 that followed. I didn't understand it at the time, but I was glued to the tv, along with everyone else. I did, however, understand that something terrible, something very big had happened. I also clearly remember that my perception of it was that of a child not quite 3 years old: at first, I was upset that Saturday morning cartoons weren't shown. But I forgot about cartoons as the morning went by. I don't think I'll ever forget the sounds of the horses during the procession. Ever since, I've associated that sound with somber and honorable sadness. Those early memories came back during Reagan's funeral.

COMSEUR

Newly Enlightened
Codeman, gawd, you are OLD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess that puts us in the same age group then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess that day in Nov. had an effect on my signature... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I didn't understand any of it at the time, of course (ALSO, pls remember that I was in Germany, of all places...), but seeing my parents (even Dad, FCS) going off like that, Holy Moly! That was really scary.

Then again, just 4 month or so before that date, JFK was in Berlin. And made a hell of a good impression, I gather. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man ya all have long memory i dont recall anything before 7 or so.and vagly recall that