Gladius Pouch

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
It turns out that the UK branded pouch for their 4AA eLed fits the Gladius like a glove. In fact, when placed in it, tail down, the shape of the pouch seems to keep the light from accidently switching on. I even tried pushing the light into the pouch fairly hard, and it did not turn on, even without the lockout engaged.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I've been looking for a pouch or holster for the Gladius. I have a blade-tech holster on order, but prefer a nylon, open top, drop-in type holster.

Can you use it with the bezel down, and when can I get one?

best regards

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
powernoodle said:

Can you use it with the bezel down, and when can I get one?

best regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, works just fine that way too. Mr. BrightGuy has them, though as you can see, it's a velcro flap. The holster is even padded which helps protect your 250 buck investment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I admit to prefer the greater security and safty of a flap. The flap is double fabric with padding, so if you cut it off, either you or Mrs. Powernoodle would have to sew it. With the bezel down, it the flange is just below the opening, almost even, if that helps you make a decision.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
which end has the bezel? Is that the head portion of the light?

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
picard said:
which end has the bezel? Is that the head portion of the light?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the way I understand it. The Gladius has a flange near the butt that's about the same diameter as the head, so if it goes in one way, it pretty much has to fit the other. On the other hand, you can't rely on the head keeping the light from just dropping through as many holders for other lights do.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, thanks for the info sarius. Would a pila GL4 pouch fit the gladius?