I.C.E. - being prepared

lightnix

Enlightened
I don't know if anybody already does this, but I just received the following e-mail from a friend and in view of events in London this week I thought I'd share it here, it sounds like a good idea...

[ QUOTE ]
East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In Case of Emergency ( ICE ) " campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon Weston.

The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

For more than one contact name use ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc.

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to easily find out who your next of kin are and to contact them quickly.
It's so simple that everyone can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pass it on to your friends and families.

Topper

Flashaholic*
That sounds like good idea if you live there. I doubt it will work here unless it catches on every where. Hope it does.
Topper

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
I've found and returned 4 lost cell phones and it was easy because the owners programed in phone numbers for "mom and dad" and/or "wife" -- so I could easily call programmed # and say gee, I have your ____'s cell phone, please have him or her call me.

So programming with those labels (mom, dad, wife, husband, brother, etc) rather than first names would serve the same purpose as I.C.E.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wear a medic alert tag and have my family labeled in my phone book. Mom, Dad, and my home number is called Owner.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've given consideration more than once to getting a skin tag--(small tattoo of name, social, and blood type) for if I'm ever in a serious accident.
I think that this ICE thing sounds less painfull and more user freindly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
I've given consideration more than once to getting a skin tag--(small tattoo of name, social, and blood type)

[/ QUOTE ] That'd be fantastic! So when I'm talking to you, and I forget your name, I can just glance up at your forehead for a reminder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif