• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Tritium in the tail of PD?

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is any interest in getting your existing PD's milled and a tritium vial inserted?
I personaly love having the tritium vial on a light for finding in the dark. I have found ways on almost all of my lights to do this. Even the ones that have a locater flash or always on.
McGizmo did it with one that I have seen and well just curious if anyone is a wierd/different as I am.

mut

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I personally am a bit shy to put a relatively fragile vial in the tail end of the piston where the activation pressure is applied ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
But it sure looks cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
bernie

Rudi

Enlightened
I'd like four or even six of them, the real short 6mm ones, evenly spaced and mounted lengthwise on the outside rear surrounding the switch.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about something like here pictures on McGizmo's post.
Good point Bernie, but I would tend to think that they would not be in anymore danger than the ones that were put around the Aleph tailcaps.

mut

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for one if someone can do it. Green color for me.

In order for it to be out of "danger" it will need to be at least flush mounted for sure AFTER all the adhesives etc have been applied so you don't even feel it there when you apply pressure to the switch.

I have been holding out purchasing a PD in hopes that more customized options will be available.

Even the "cut-up" piston is very cool.

Thanks

Curtis

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd sure like one in the tail end of the piston....as cue003 said, "..flush mounted..." to avoid breaking.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, would you guys be interested in a group mod of your existing PD pistons. Please see the link above for some pictures of the tritium vial in the piston.

mut

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely................please count me in for two!!

Thank You,

jeffb

InFlux

Enlightened
I'm interested (in at least one, maybe two)! Any idea of the cost and turn-around time?

I'd really miss my EDC while it's in the shop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So I'd probably only be able to send one at a time.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif how long have we been here? Of course Don would be doing the mod.

It would be $25.00 plus shipping.
You all ship them to me and I will ship them all together to Don. He does the magic and ships them back to me for distribution to you all.

I am thinking it would be $30.00 complete with all shipping charges to Don and then back to you. I will ship them via PM with DC, as with PM you get free boxes with faster delivery and DC is not much more. I can pick all of the boxes up and have them written up for shipping to you ahead of time to speed it up as well.

I would prefer to do 10-20 the first time around, and if there is still more interest....well we'll see how this one goes first.

So time frame actually depends on when I get all of the pistons from those who want the mod.

It would also be helpfull if you guys that are interested to try different markers for the inside of the piston as to which one works best to put your cpf name, or if when we get to a list the number that you are on the list inside the piston. I have tried a sharpie and it seems to work very well inside.

I would think it would be good to take your oring off before shipping as well.

I hope this is typed well enough for you to understand, as I don't always put words together very well.

If there is something I missed let me know and I will answer to the best of my ability.
So what say you? Is it a go?
Thanks
"mut"

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I can wrest them (yeah, I've got two!!) from my grip, I just may want this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
For all of you that are still interested please send me an e-mail that is in my profile. Please put PD-tritium-list for the subject, and I will get the list going.
Please include your CPF name also.

Thanks
mut

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only got two responses via e-mail.
Sorry I did not see that there were several members from Canada. I'm sure I can get it to you for the same price, just not a quick.
So if you guys are still interested please shoot me an e-mail with your username.

Jeff
"mut"