What's the deal here???!!!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
What\'s the deal here???!!!

Hi guys!

I see everyone dumping their lion hearts and lion cubs on the B/S/T forum, what are you guys up to? What is comming out that I don't know, I been wanting a LH for quite some time now to replace my trusty E1e-PR-T Z-57 light.

I might jump on one of this fine offers, but has me wondering why, a product so desired is being sold so fast.

Spill the beans!!!!:D

AlexGT

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s the deal here???!!!

I'm hanging onto cpf 50/100 black. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I'm still enjoying "made in Hawaii" "Five-O" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
Not for sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AlexGT, it just looks like a panic selloff to me imho.
A lot like the stock market whenever something disturbing happens.
After the disturbance has passed, then the market goes back up with more buyers than sellers.
Prices go up again.

I have watched a ton of this on cnn on the dogshift at work as a security officer in the building's control center. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks pokkuhlag for the link. Some heavy reading ahead

AlexGT

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bet 3rd_shift is right, some of it is panic but also Mr.Bulk said that he made the bare aluminum lioncub and the brass lioncub as a way for CPF lioncub owners to recoup some of the 299 spent on the CPF version. The letter that he sent lioncub buyers recommended selling these for a profit so naturally there are now a ton of people doing this. There are also some who prefer the much less expensive brass and aluminum versions and are selling the CPF versions. If you are unaware of the controversy, revelations but in this situation ignorance is bliss.

The lioncubs are very nice lights but before buying educate yourself a bit. What is reported as the ST offer letter from Mr.Bulk is in the above post and initial prices are listed there. I imagine the price of lioncubs will settle somewhere bellow the 299 price of the CPF version and above the other two effectively splitting the savings between buyer and seller. It may LOOK like a loss in value on the CPF edition (and for some it will be) but in reality represents the appreciation of the brass /aluminum versions and the fact that everyone is aware that they now have a choice and a great deal more than 200 cubs are out there. The real pricey version is the TI cub but it is impractical as an edc due to the poor heatsinking qualities of titanium.

If you are interested in the LC you should also check out the HDS EDC series. They are superior in terms of quality and sophistication but are regulated unlike the directdrive lc's and lh's so are not quite as bright as the lc's/lh's but are much more stable in terms of brightness.

NetMage

Enlightened

I think the HDS EDC versus the LionCub comes down to switch position and modularity. The EDC says it will have modularity, the LionCub has it now and more to come.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

These have all been extremely fair statements guys. Thank you kindly.

For me, it's simply a matter of preference and nothing more. If you'll note my avatar, as well as the first light listed in my sig. line, you'll see the LionCub is my favorite light. The first light listed in my sig. line is always my favorite and the other lights I own are listed in no particular order.

What do I mean by "a matter of preference"? This: I sold my Special Edition HA Natural #54 LionCub in order to finance the purchase of my PREFERRED version (a brass LionCub). Now I've gone a bit overboard, of course, with now 5 LionCubs (four brass and one bare AL), but what does that say about my love for this light?

And to those who are whittling down the bezel opening to let more light in, I say "sacrilege." I love the heavy duty look of the bezel opening.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, politics asside guys, They are damn fine lights. I dont see a good reason not to own one if you can afford it.

Shane

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Agreed! Those seem like some fine lights! personally haven't seen one in action but I trust the crowds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is there any new powerful custom luxeon lights comming out that you know of? I love the beam of my PR-T

Is any of the great modders cooking something fresh in the luxeon oven? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

AlexGT

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

lol probably most of them are. Andrewwyn is working on a few. Orb always to spring a new light on us every now and then. McGizmo is definately on the leading edge with his new McLuxIII PD. I wouldnt be too suprised to see the newly reborn Arc company bring out something similar to its LS line with updated hardware (which i would love).

There's always good stuff going on behind the scenes. Some of the modders keep active progress logs here like Andrew, some dont.

Shane

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks! Arc reborn???? Sheeezzz I been out tooo long!!!! In fact I leave a few months and all f... hell breaks loose!!! This is like CPF of the Twilight Zone, I am like OMFG!! then read some more and more OMFG!! expeletives come out. Better stop now and look at the mods forums? I can tell that the oven smells good!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

The only way someone's getting my LionHeart is to pry it from my cold, dead fingers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just wish I had the money to jump on the deals in the B/S/T forum.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:[/

There's always good stuff going on behind the scenes. Some of the modders keep active progress logs here like Andrew, some dont.

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly - There is a lot going on in the background, and the creativity is still going strong. Lights are becoming more and more application specific.

The real challenge will be - is CPF the right place to introduce a new light or not ? I like CPF, but it also can be a tough crowd.

Likebright

Enlightened

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]
The real challenge will be - is CPF the right place to introduce a new light or not ? I like CPF, but it also can be a tough crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say yes there is a lot of diversity among the crowd here. That's good for the reader, buyer, and the dude that is just looking for info. like I was before I became afflicted with flashahallicism. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif
Mike

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

"flashahallicism"

Now that is indeed a Much cooler word than just plain ol', "flashaholism".../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Likebright

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry my comparison with the HDS light sounded like a diss on the LC. The two are different lights each with qualities that put it above the other. I couldn't bring myself to seriously EDC my lionheart so I sold it. The only reason why is that it is a beautiful light but it is more than a light too (I'm sounding like js) in that it represents an event and connections within a community. The lion series are also much harder to replace and they belong , to a degree, to those that have yet to arrive at cpf as well as those that have yet to own one. EDC'ing a lionheart and watching it take the abuse I dish out to my edc'd stuff just didn't seem right.

The HDS lights are a different animal in that while they do appeal to the lust for a high end light they are just tools.
They are designed with a larger and less passionate audience in mind. This gives HDS advantages like better economies of scale. The HDS is also pretty damned ugly. Developement monies were apparently spent entirely on its utility. Two of the qualities of the lh/lc's that make it so desireable, their beauty and rarity make them a little less suitable to turn into a scuffed up EDC. I suppose that it's like comparing a rolex and one of those unbreakable timex digital watches.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

No big deal xochi, I am sure your heart is always in the right place (and I love yer sig line, too!). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif