Bargain on Nuwai 0.5 watt

Lightchain

Newly Enlightened
I bought some Nuwai 0.5 watt 2XAAA lights on Ebay, and I am very surprised at the brightness. It is actually outshining my 1X123 Nitestar 1-watt and is not far behind my 1 watt 2X123 Nitestar. Yet this 0.5 watt is much smaller and lighter and uses economical, common batteries. Also the beam is whiter. I think it is a great value right now at $12.50 each and only $1.50 shipping. Has anyone else tried these out?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 of these and I like them a lot. The clip can be reversed (not true of the 1xAA .5W Nuwai) and all the .5 watt Nuwais except the 1xAAA one seem to put out about the same power - maybe 6 lumens. This includes the 2xAA Nuwai .5 watter which I have one of.

The 2xAAA one is most efficient of the bunch because it is smallest, for that light output. You got a great deal on a very nice light.

StevieRay

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lightchain said:
I bought some Nuwai 0.5 watt 2XAAA lights on Ebay, and I am very surprised at the brightness. It is actually outshining my 1X123 Nitestar 1-watt and is not far behind my 1 watt 2X123 Nitestar. Yet this 0.5 watt is much smaller and lighter and uses economical, common batteries. Also the beam is whiter. I think it is a great value right now at $12.50 each and only $1.50 shipping. Has anyone else tried these out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, I ordered one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I need several good flashlights for every battery type... or at least that is my reasoning if anyone were to ask me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I've grown quite fond of Nuwai products!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif for this 311 flashlight. A month's use has made it one of my all time favorites. FWIW-it even operates adequately on just ONE almost dead cell! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

At $12, a heckava great buy too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The_virus

Enlightened
I can also vouch for the greatness of the Nuwai 0.5w lights. I usually EDC a 1AAA 0.5w light, but love 'em all. I have one of every size using AA and AAA cells up to 2. Errr...except the dual switch low/high 2AA, which I've never actually seen for sale. The entire line is great with the 2AAA light being one of the best as it's a good balance of size and runtime.

This seller is a CPF member - LED_experimenter and a really nice guy too. I have no doubts when I recommend him to anyone interested in these fantastic lights!

FLASHLIGHTMAN

Newly Enlightened
How funny !

I sit here reading this and I just received 1 each AAA and AA from the same seller. Ordered on the 7th and received on the 9th, a good seller indeed. The shipping was more than reasonable. These are nice lights for the money.

Dave

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
amondotech.com also sells these lights for just $14.50 plus shipping. Not as cheap, but always available. I only have the 2xAAA lights and like them alot. I have lithiums in the one I edc because of flatter discharge rate. I like both the output level and the beam pattern. Alot of throw and plenty of spill.