Lithium Primaries in other sizes?

wtraymond

Enlightened
While in Ireland last week I saw Energizer Lithium batteries in "C" and "D" sizes as well as AA and AAA.

They were very expensive and I didn't buy them but I've not seen them anywhere here in the US. Anyone no where I can get these at a reasonable price? online maybe? I have purchased lithium AAs from the BatteryStation but they don't have them in C and D.

By the way, I found a 2D Maglite for sale at a sporting goods store in Ireland for only 38 €uros. Need a light?

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you SURE they were REALLY C & D size Energizer lithiums?

Some people have confused the E2 "Titaniums" with lithiums before due to similar packaging.

As far as I am aware, Energizer does not manufacture lithiums in that size.

Tadrian, Saft and a couple of other less known manufacturers make D size lithium primaries, but they are 3.6 V batteries and are intended for low current draw applications, not particularly suited for flashlights.... Although they will run a 5MM led for a long time, their price makes them not so attractive.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LiSO2 D and C cells are rated for high currents (look at Silverfox' test) and perform very well in MagLites (after a bulb change of course)

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Energizer seems to have discontinued the C & D "Titanium" cells since they're now listed as being obsolete at data.energizer.com .

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if they did exist, finding them for a "reasonable" price is highly, highly unlikely. They'd probably be at least $10-15 EACH, which is probably the reason Energizer doesn't sell them...nobody would buy them.

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer Titanium cells are not lithium based. I wonder though, why they would label them "obsolete". They are still on local shelves, nothing looks quite as spiffy and assuring as the name and packaging of the E2 Titaniums (at least to my less obsessed friends), and the other "models" don't seem to deliver as much capacity or current as the E2. I would have thought the other lines would go obsolete first.

I know of D-sized lithium cells that are 3V and high current capacity. Not the memory backup 3.6V cells that are more commonly available. Some of these are labeled Li/SO2. I've got a few from SAFT.