Mag RX1019 P# 106-000-350

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Mag recently upgraded this top of the line rechargable light with a new bulb. Has anyone tested a unit purchased in the last month or so. If so; any comments? Much different? No difference?? Spot quality?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have not heard anything on this. but would like to know also. I would like to buy one.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
ike, I'm assuming you mean the Mag-Charger ?
A new spec for Mag bulbs sounds good - where did you read this, is it advertised: and is it actually on sale yet ?

lightlover
smile.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
I called Mag Instruments today to ask ask about the upgraded lamp for the Magcharger. They knew nothing about a different bulb. The numbers that were listed in the first post were for the flashlight itself. Thhey are listing the same lamp as when the light was introduced in 1983. If there is an upgraded bulb in Mag Insrument's Magcharger Model #RX1019, PN# 106-000-350 The people who answer the phones, and I talked to several, (Mag Instruments customer service has always been very good, in my experience; here's their 800 number; save it for future reference: 1-800 283-5562 ) can't find it in their database for parts. It's possible that this lamp is in short supply (Like the lamps for the SF 10X Dominator, and the reduced output lamp for the E2, which has never been availble, despite being announced many months ago) And are simply being put only into the new lights, until the supply catches up so they have some to sell as individual parts.
mad.gif
Same lamp as in 1983???? that was *last century*! Mag Instruments needs to catch up with the rest of the world, and start using xenon lamps. They been around a long time, and I'm sure they could buy them for the Mini Maglite from the same supplier that makes them for the Brinkmann NexStar light (which really sucks, but led me to the discovery that I could get the NexStar xenon lamps for the AA and AAA MiniMaglites I really don't use that much,any more. So, no new lamp for the Magcharger, as yet; at least as a replacement part. I'll check agin in a few months. If I call them enough, perhaps they'll think it might be a good idea to introduce a new lamp, since the demand is there. I have another idea: lets *all* call Mag Instruments, spacing the calls over the next six months, until they decide to come out with a xenon lamp for the Magcharger!
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif