SunwayLED        

Thread: LionHead HAT Event

Default LionHead HAT Event

Well, yesterday I got together with some of our infamous HAT members and just about screwed our dang wrists off putting these together.

First the frenzied unpacking, not unlike kids on Christmas morning (yes, even the production-line-hardened HAT guys were waiting impatiently along with the rest of us for our LionHeads):

Some of the parts spread out on the workbench alongside Fore's roll-yer-own tabacky supplies (brand names obscured due to absence of endorsement fees):

Proof that silver LionHeads fit black Cubs. Hmmm, now that I see this pitcher, wonder how silver'd look on a TiCub?

Sonic and spy008 taking a breather (already?):

But there is still nuthin' that tantalizes the visual senses like brass...:

Then out came the 1.9mm thick UCLs from you-know-who (Thanks, Chris!):

Here's ZenGhost getting ready to unsheath yet another column of thick glass:

Georges80's 8-level portable lamp in action spotlighting the top half of a lil' lost bare Al Cub (note edge of corona on table):

Running on 4AA's, depressing the red momentary switch moves you between the different levels.

Reflectors installed:

With most of them done it's time for a breather and a smile or two:

A quick test-fit on their eventual homes:

The kind of light a Jil wants to be when it grows up:

The kind of light Sonic wants to have when he grows up:

And now for the depressing news...the o-rings never shipped with the LionHeads!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Enroute via Overnight Express, they should be here Monday (tomorrow) and yours truly will wrist-twist yet again and begin shipping immediately afterward...

Thank You for your kind and continued patience.

Default Re: LionHead HAT Event

Thanks for the pictures, Charlie! Glad to see the Lionheads coming together. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

very cool pics charlie.

Flashaholic

Very cool Charlie.

Charlie, those brass heads. Mmmmmmmm. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks for the great photos. I can think of a thousand "wrist" jokes but we won't go there.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] If a guy ordered a HA3 black one and a brass one would he have to wait till the black one was done before the brass one was shipped?
    Mike

Oops double post.
    Mike

Thank You gentlemen. We actually had a lot of enjoyment and plain ol' fun as always, talking not only about the usual, but also about recent events in the CPF flashlight modding world. Mebbe I should turn a tape recorder on next time, heh heh...[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

Mike,

A majority requested "split shipping" of their heads, meaning the bare ones would be just about ready to ship (as soon as the o-rings arrive and are installed) and can go out this week, while the anodized heads are being, well...anodized. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

But some opted to wait until I received all the heads after which I would ship them at one time. Still others ordered lights and want me to ship everything in one box so it's really up to you, just let me know via e-mail or PM.

Ooooh Oooooh Ooooooooh Mr. Carter, or in this case Mr. Bulk.

Please if you could, if not here, in another thread. What is the deal on that HID spotlight? Info?

Speaking of big A$$ front ends for lights.. Hmmmm wouldn't it be REAAALLLYYY nice to have *someone* <hint hint> make a TURBO HEAD for the LionCub.

btw, my brass paper weight can't wait to be heavier to hold all the papers on my desk and blind anyone trying to "slip" another one on my desk.

Doug

(edit misspelled heavier...ugh)

Lookin' good! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]

Great photos! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Looking forward to getting these. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks

Mark

karl and Cones, thanks very kindly.

But as for mst3k and Doug, you guys are kidding right?

mst3k,

That HID light in the photo is a 35W, $75 Such-A-Deal at California Costco stores only (that's only to my knowledge, from what I've read and been told). But if you happen to go check for one and can't find any, not to worry - I think TedBear about bought'em ALL. Not for his personal stash of course, but I believe he's helping people in other parts of the country get one (that's how I got mine) although you'll have to contact him for details.

Doug,

Are we talking "TurboHead" as in - BIGGER than the LionHead? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif[/img]

Ya know Charlie we gotta keep you on your toes... lol

doug

[ QUOTE ]
    diggdug13 said:
    my brass paper weight can't wait to be heavier to hold all the papers on my desk and blind anyone trying to "slip" another one on my desk. Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

Paperweight?! Nah, mine are my running weights. When you EDC a brass LC all day like me you can lose ten pounds!

AWTYD,

Well if I EDC five brass ones like you do I'd have a weight belt for diving and running too...lol

but alass I only have one, I like my black beauty for EDC and my brass beauty for show and tell (and to hold down all the papers on my desk..lol

Doug

Yeah, I guess they could use my brass LCs instead of concrete blocks when they throw me in the East River. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img]

What a great bunch of people the HAT are. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The Lionheads are gorgeous and I'm eagerly anticipating mine.

Thanks for the photos!

Thanks guys and -- Hi Britt! Are you back home yet? Or still traveling the world offering aid to tsunami, earthquake, and other disaster vitims? Whatta guy I tell ya...

Hi Charlie, I got back about a week ago. I threw my pet cactus in the dumpster. I don't want a thorn within 50 feet of my domicile.

Ron mailed the last batch of LH sheaths to me today. The LH logo stamp that didn't work good enough for stamping the sheaths is included, I'll mail it on to you with some other stuff.

My LC is a gem. My hat's off to you and the whole HAT (including Georges80 and Otokoyama) for bringing these to completion.

Britt

Pardon my ignorance, but what is HAT?
    And why doesn't anyone in the pictures wear one? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img]

Sigbjoern

HAT?

Hawaiians Assembling Thingies. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Greg

Charlie,
    E-mail sent for a split shipment.
    Thanks,
    Mike [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

nethiker if you were guessing that's very funny.. i've been wondering a long time what HAT was.. and i found it in a very old post from the LH assembly...

Hawaiian Assembly Team i believe.

[ QUOTE ]
    nethiker said:
    HAT?

Hawaiians Assembling Thingies. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img] That was a good one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Andrew is correct.

The long hours of meticulous, precise work these large projects demand and the extremely low number of lights that need to be returned for fixing speaks very well for the quality of work and heart of these men.

It also says a lot about Charlie. We all know the limits of internet communications in being able to express our true selves and perceive truly the characters and personalities of others.

Being face-to-face and working side-by-side for extensive blocks of time, particularly under pressure, gives you a much better idea of a person. We all know this, I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said before and probably better.

It speaks for Charlie's character, the man he is, that so many fine men, who know him face-to-face and have worked side-by-side under pressure with him, would continue to do so project after project.

Britt

Flashaholic

I think Britt said very well what we all feel. This is the reason all of Mr. Bulk's lights are so sought after...even after newer models are developed. Charlie and his team put together some amazing products.

[ QUOTE ]
    Lurveleven said:
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is HAT?
    And why doesn't anyone in the pictures wear one? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img]

Sigbjoern

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey.....we have "HATS".......why do you think we call it a "HAT Party?" Mine is the purple poka-dot one on the table. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img]

Aloha [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    BC0311 said:
    Hi Charlie, I got back about a week ago. I threw my pet cactus in the dumpster. I don't want a thorn within 50 feet of my domicile.

Ron mailed the last batch of LH sheaths to me today. The LH logo stamp that didn't work good enough for stamping the sheaths is included, I'll mail it on to you with some other stuff.

My LC is a gem. My hat's off to you and the whole HAT (including Georges80 and Otokoyama) for bringing these to completion.

Britt

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear you are finally back with us (for a few days at least?). Will watch my mailbox, and thanks for the kind words. BTW I have a whole big planter full of thriving Aloe, it's a cacti variant I am sure since they don't need much water, do indeed have spiny rows of "thorns" angled alongside each edge of their "leaves", and make one heck of a burn/scrape/anything salve. In fact I once grabbed and pulled out the changeable tip on my soldering iron - before realizing it was STILL ON (the sizzle and smell of fresh steak met my ears and nose - not to mention the PAIN) and an extended run under cold faucet water followed by liberal application of sap from a split Aloe leaf and my thumb and forefinger were good as new in a few days, with nary a mark to show for it now despite true second- and near-third degree burns on the pads of the first two joints of each digit! Yeeowch!!!

Thanks for deciphering the HAT acronym, guys.

Likebright, message received and will do. In fact we will have an abbreviated HAT event this weekend to finish off the o-ring installs, although I should be able to get a bunch done by myself to begin shipping by the end of the week (tomorrow's my first day off).

I must add that although HAT was originally formed to assemble flashlights, it appears we actually enjoy each others' company as well, and have other things in common besides just likin' flashlights. So I think we all look forward to each Event not just to see the latest stuff and get'em built, but also to simply hang out, if the sitting around and talking for another hour or two after everything's done is any indication!

So I would like to take this opportunity to publicly Thank each and every one of them, not just for their efforts (plus keeping hidden the whip scars and hearing aids from my yellin' on the bullhorn), but for being not only my buddies, but each others'. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Nice pics of HAT doing the assembling. Who did the producing? I'm assuming CNC equipment was used.