LionHead HAT Event

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Well, yesterday I got together with some of our infamous HAT members and just about screwed our dang wrists off putting these together.

First the frenzied unpacking, not unlike kids on Christmas morning (yes, even the production-line-hardened HAT guys were waiting impatiently along with the rest of us for our LionHeads):

HATLhE00.jpg

Some of the parts spread out on the workbench alongside Fore's roll-yer-own tabacky supplies (brand names obscured due to absence of endorsement fees):

HATLhL00.jpg

Proof that silver LionHeads fit black Cubs. Hmmm, now that I see this pitcher, wonder how silver'd look on a TiCub?

HATLhM00.jpg

Sonic and spy008 taking a breather (already?):

HATLhI00.jpg

But there is still nuthin' that tantalizes the visual senses like brass...:

HATLhV00.jpg

Then out came the 1.9mm thick UCLs from you-know-who (Thanks, Chris!):

HATLhN00.jpg

Here's ZenGhost getting ready to unsheath yet another column of thick glass:

HATLhC00.jpg

Georges80's 8-level portable lamp in action spotlighting the top half of a lil' lost bare Al Cub (note edge of corona on table):

HATLhJ00.jpg

Running on 4AA's, depressing the red momentary switch moves you between the different levels.

Reflectors installed:

HATLhO00.jpg

HATLhP00.jpg

With most of them done it's time for a breather and a smile or two:

HATLhU00.jpg

A quick test-fit on their eventual homes:

HATLhB00.jpg

HATLhZ00.jpg

The kind of light a Jil wants to be when it grows up:

HATLhCC00.jpg

The kind of light Sonic wants to have when he grows up:

HATLhW00.jpg

And now for the depressing news...the o-rings never shipped with the LionHeads!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Enroute via Overnight Express, they should be here Monday (tomorrow) and yours truly will wrist-twist yet again and begin shipping immediately afterward...

Thank You for your kind and continued patience.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures, Charlie! Glad to see the Lionheads coming together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charlie, those brass heads. Mmmmmmmm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the great photos. I can think of a thousand "wrist" jokes but we won't go there.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Likebright

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif If a guy ordered a HA3 black one and a brass one would he have to wait till the black one was done before the brass one was shipped?
Mike

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thank You gentlemen. We actually had a lot of enjoyment and plain ol' fun as always, talking not only about the usual, but also about recent events in the CPF flashlight modding world. Mebbe I should turn a tape recorder on next time, heh heh.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Mike,

A majority requested "split shipping" of their heads, meaning the bare ones would be just about ready to ship (as soon as the o-rings arrive and are installed) and can go out this week, while the anodized heads are being, well...anodized. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

But some opted to wait until I received all the heads after which I would ship them at one time. Still others ordered lights and want me to ship everything in one box so it's really up to you, just let me know via e-mail or PM.

mst3k

Enlightened
Ooooh Oooooh Ooooooooh Mr. Carter, or in this case Mr. Bulk.

Please if you could, if not here, in another thread. What is the deal on that HID spotlight? Info?

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of big A$$ front ends for lights.. Hmmmm wouldn't it be REAAALLLYYY nice to have *someone* <hint hint> make a TURBO HEAD for the LionCub.

btw, my brass paper weight can't wait to be heavier to hold all the papers on my desk and blind anyone trying to "slip" another one on my desk.

Doug

(edit misspelled heavier...ugh)

Cones

Enlightened
Great photos! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking forward to getting these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks

Mark

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
karl and Cones, thanks very kindly.

But as for mst3k and Doug, you guys are kidding right?

mst3k,

That HID light in the photo is a 35W, $75 Such-A-Deal at California Costco stores only (that's only to my knowledge, from what I've read and been told). But if you happen to go check for one and can't find any, not to worry - I think TedBear about bought'em ALL. Not for his personal stash of course, but I believe he's helping people in other parts of the country get one (that's how I got mine) although you'll have to contact him for details.

Doug,

Are we talking "TurboHead" as in - BIGGER than the LionHead? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

[ QUOTE ]
diggdug13 said:
my brass paper weight can't wait to be heavier to hold all the papers on my desk and blind anyone trying to "slip" another one on my desk. Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

Paperweight?! Nah, mine are my running weights. When you EDC a brass LC all day like me you can lose ten pounds!

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
AWTYD,

Well if I EDC five brass ones like you do I'd have a weight belt for diving and running too...lol

but alass I only have one, I like my black beauty for EDC and my brass beauty for show and tell (and to hold down all the papers on my desk..lol

Doug

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great bunch of people the HAT are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The Lionheads are gorgeous and I'm eagerly anticipating mine.

Thanks for the photos!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks guys and -- Hi Britt! Are you back home yet? Or still traveling the world offering aid to tsunami, earthquake, and other disaster vitims? Whatta guy I tell ya...

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Charlie, I got back about a week ago. I threw my pet cactus in the dumpster. I don't want a thorn within 50 feet of my domicile.

Ron mailed the last batch of LH sheaths to me today. The LH logo stamp that didn't work good enough for stamping the sheaths is included, I'll mail it on to you with some other stuff.

My LC is a gem. My hat's off to you and the whole HAT (including Georges80 and Otokoyama) for bringing these to completion.

Britt