• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Dimmable Maglite...interested?

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
I'm not selling anything yet, just seeing if there would be any interest in a D-cell Maglite with a knob coming out of the tailcap which would work as a dimmer. They would be in the US$20-US$25 range plus shipping.

<font color="red"> Note: I'm going to let this tread die now, so if anyone stumbles across it, just PM me with further questions. Thanks to all those who expressed interest in what I do.</font>

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
what about a push on/off switch in the tail cap with a rubber cover, that would have either no resistance, or some resistance? That would be cool for luxeon mods. Say full power for a tri-3watt or click once for it to drop to 1 watt levels (3watt total).. That would be cool!!

Even cooler is if some how you could make it fit in a 2D and still run 3C batteries in it. When the K2 luxeon comes out, I plan to have a tri-setup with a 2 level high low like that in a 2D...

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
Isaac-

What you have outlined in the first paragraph would work well. I'd have to do some thinking and maybe prototyping about the second paragraph, though.

The project is in limbo currently, because I can't find a diminuitive enough pot.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you suggesting using a DD solution with a limit resistor that switches in/out or want to control a driver with the pot?

-awr

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
Would this be similar to the digital unit available from Streamlight for the SL series? That's a nice product.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew & PhaserBurn-
This is just a pot in the tail cap. I'm thinking about trying to make a solid state control that would be more energy efficient. That's somewhere in the future, though. Would there be more interest in a solid state control?