Thunder Ranch TL-2 "Tiger Ring" ?

Aux

Newly Enlightened
Thunder Ranch TL-2 \"Tiger Ring\" ?

Can anyone describe what the "Tiger Ring™ deployment/shooting grip retention system" on the Streamlight TL-2 Thunder Ranch model is/does?

Any pics if you have one? The SL website does not provide much detail.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Thunder Ranch TL-2 \"Tiger Ring\" ?

It was demonstrated to me by a Streamlight sales rep and I saw the video with Clint Smith that is included with the light (that I don't own).

It is a rubber ring that is connected to a rubber cord that connects to the flashlight's pocket clip. You place the ring around your finger. Then hold the flashlight in a standard ice pick grip with your thumb on the switch.

When you need to release the light to reload your gun or do something else, you rotate your hand and let the flashlight go. It then hangs on the back of your hand from the "Tiger ring". Reacquiring the flashlight is simple. Just flip it back into your hand.

The idea and execution are sound. However, I think the TL-2 LED flashlight is marginal for "tactical" use.

For the same basic size, a Strion is much brighter, and is what I carry.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Thunder Ranch TL-2 \"Tiger Ring\" ?

Nope. Different concept. No grip ring. No lanyard. It's a 1 inch rubber ring that looks a bit like a gasket connected by a short 2 inch piece of rubber to the pocket clip.