PC handling of a situation? (light-related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjg

Enlightened
Not sure the best place to put this is, so moderators, feel free to move...

I'm not sure of the best way to handle this - I ordered and paid for 2 lights from a CPF member (good standing) who does mods. He completed the lights, PM'ed me and said he was going to ship them out last Tuesday, then all of a sudden.... Nothing. Seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. No answer to PM's or e-mails, and no postings. DEFINITELY don't want to post in cheers and jeers, I have no idea if he was in an accident, had computer problems, or what. I have NO reason to believe that I'm being ripped off, or anything like that. Just not sure where to turn now, looking for advice from folks who have gone through this type of situation in the past.

TIA,

Greg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The_virus

Enlightened
Yeah it's possible he/she just isn't at the computer, maybe on vacation? What shipping method was to be used, FedEx so you could track it, or USPS so it would be cheaper (with tracking)? In all fairness maybe it's in the mail and you don't know it? I'd say give it a few more days since mail usually doesn't move on the weekend, but continue to try and establish contact.

wquiles

Flashaholic
I would wait a little bit longer. I have had packages sent to me that took well over a week to get here, and they were shipped within the USA!

Will

danielo_d

Enlightened
Also, take into account where the individual resides. He may very well be dealing with a local disaster. [eg Florida or London?]
In any case, hope all goes well.
Danno

greenLED

Flashaholic
If he's a CPF member in good standing, give him a couple more days. Life happens to everybody, or there might be delays in the mail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif It sucks to be on the "waiting side", but I'm sure this will turn out OK.

gjg

Enlightened
OK - Wednesday, no lights, and am still unable to contact my modder. But still NO reason to believe I'm being ripped off. All communication with this individual just STOPPED, he has not posted, not answered e-mails, etc. And from another post I know I'm not the only one who has been unable to get in touch with him. But I AM probably the only one who has paid for lights and not received them..... My guess? computer issues or similar - lost all his contact information. My question is - should I post here and say "Has anybody seen ****?" I'm concerned because it appears that this is out of character, and also because he has a good chunk of my cash, to be completely honest... MY hope is somebody here has been in contact with him, and can supply me with a phone # or other way to contact him. Please post or PM me with suggestions.

Thanks,

Greg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

jaids

Enlightened
I don't know how hard georgia has been hit with the hurricane so that might be it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts