Legal Nocturnal Hiking wandering. Day use. CA

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
It gets like 101* around here, so hiking at night is really cool, specially for testing lights and all.
but all the "parks" close up at night.
it SEEMS like you could be camping IN the parks , and wander out a night, with the 1 way SPIKES on the roads.
but all the signs say closes at dawn, or closes at 8, or whatevr.
now a person could easily sneak about, but this is about legal ways to hit hiking trails , not ways to get herassed.

what do people who work different shifts do? when they roll up the streets at night :-(
why is goverment control of a piece of property so limiting, arent "We The People"?
i understnd the safety issues, and having to HIRE people to watch me and all that, but it seems like there is nothing there to help a animal when its down at night, so why cant THIS animal have the same freedom of the other animals :-(

its a real pain when they close at dawn or at 8, because you have to get BACK in a timely manner, if you started at 3, you must make it back, or they might even waste resources looking for you. one place the park worker is waiting impatientally to lock the gate right on time.
what if i was a bit slow :-(

anyways legal ways and places to go wandering about at night, short term, out of the city, that are not on private property, or defy some endless set of laws, contrived to keep us caged.

gessner17

Enlightened
Here in Iowa, a lot of the wildlife preserves are always open, and some county parks do not close. I dont know how it is there though.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
around this area we get a lot of
""Unless otherwise posted or permitted the park is open between 5 AM and 10 PM"
(this is COUNTY creek)

"Trail is open open between 5 AM and 10 PM."
this place is nothing more than a Dessert with hills and some trees. (Preserve)

hey 10 that is not terrible.

they say things like:
is to ensure personal enrichment of the County's residents and visitors while protecting it's natural, cultural, and historical resources.
then you know its contrived 100% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the parks department around here has one of the hugest budgets of any goverment operations, and very very nice parks everywhere, just doesnt seem to be at night.