• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired McLux TK $145 CLOSED FOR MODDING

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I've seen this classic selling for less. It's number 229, and I just got it in a trade.

It's not as bright as I had hoped nor is it very white. I don't know the driver, maybe it's a BB400 because it's not as bright as my other TK which has a BB500. This one has a reflector in it. Sorry I don't know more about it. It's in good condition, but has obviously been carried.

First "I'll Take It" without condition gets it. Non CC PayPal is $145, which includes priority mail with confirmation and insurance. Add $10 for CC PayPal. Foreign shipping? We'll have to talk.

PM me for my PayPal address.

Josey

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: McLux TK $145

All TK McLuxes were driven with BB400's, and had Q low-dome emitters. Just to confirm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, Darell. Do you mod these lights? If so, could you put a better driver and white LED in it?

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, AWTYD. Tylerdurden did my last TK (replaced the BB500 with another). But I haven't seen him on the forum for so long I thought he moved on.

Odd, these things used to sell for so much more. I guess we're all porked out on Cubs. (In a good way, Charlie.)

Josey

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

The McLux can be upgraded. They are just a bit of a PITA to work on. Swapping the existing low dome for a high dome of your choice and going with either a NexGen or MadMax converter should do the trick for you. If fact, there's really nothing wrong with the BadBoy400, except that it generates a bit more heat than I'd like. You could probably get away with just swapping the emitter for something better. A nicely binned 1W might not be a bad idea either.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

Found a modder to fix the light, so I'm going to take that option and close this sale.

Thanks for looking and for the helpful comments.

Josey