Invasion! They're coming out of the woodwork!

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Invasion! They\'re coming out of the woodwork!

We've all used that term before but it has new meaning to me now. My house has about 250,000 guests. Turn a light switch on, 5 baby spiders come out. They're coming out of the light fixtures, the plumbing fixtures, electrical outlets, window casings, door casings, they're coming out of the woodwork! We just got home, I'll bet I've killed a hundred in the last 12 hours. I try and spray the perimeter of the house about every 90 days, I guess someone got through (and got lucky). Talk about paranoid, I check every room when I enter. Flashlights have become search and destroy tools. I'm sending one of MY children into the attic tomorrow to spray. I think they're up there, coming down in the walls. Its crazy!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: Invasion! They\'re coming out of the woodwork!

.ekk i hate spidersssssssssssssssssss

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast

quit feeding them.
a female can have 7 sets of brood from one breeding, BUT she wont have them , breeding or not, unless she is FED.
feed one mama and havve about 250 little babies that mabey 10% at most live, unless your feeding them too.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
where do you live?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he lives close by, I'm getting the heck out of here!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Anti_Candescent said:
Don't spiders eat other insects?

[/ QUOTE ]

only LIVE ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
technically a spider is not an insect, but who cares.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ugh...I'd be outta that freakin house so fast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like the "burn it down" advice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds bad. I have had a lot of spiders in the house,too, but not as many. Maybe a few per room. More than usual, though, so I wonder when the swarm comes!?! They have all been small, like the size of an apple seed, but they keep coming back. I don't see egg sacks anywhere to vaccuum. Doesn't bother me too much, but my mom freaks out.

jtice

Flashaholic

My mom would move out, the first day,

she FREAKS over the tinyest ones.

She tells me to kill it, hell I cant even SEE it half the time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*

ya should dress up as a spider. so then the spiders whom live there will feel bad cuase ya are so much bigger then they are . do this for about 1 week and im sure they will move.becarefull while driveing as a huge spider

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Wargh!
Infested by spiders!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I'd be outta there faster than lightning ...
I feel so sorry for you for this misery ... spiders ... anything also might have been better ... but spiders ... wargh!
bernie

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

We had a spider problem as well... but not nearly as bad as you.
The old air conditioning system was completely infested and every year when we'd turn it on for the first time, we'd get invaded by them... a lot of big ones and a few smaller ones that can run away like crazy.
Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night with your sister yelling at you. Urg!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

I personally feel there is nothing wrong with spiders, there's a balance in nature and all that. We got tons of'em here due to the friendly year-round climate, and they do more than their share to keep the population of true pest bugs down. They can be startling though when you see a big one unexpectedly, or walk through a web that clings to your face.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Make sure they aren't brown recluses!! YIKES!! I don't know if I could live there!!
Raggie lol!

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast

why don't you use the Thor light on these spiders so it will blind their optics. they will definitely turn tail and run from the house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened

V.S. Day. We put 3 foggers up in the attic this morning. Saw a surge of them for a while, now nothing. Burning the house down had crossed my mind. Raggie you make me laugh. The driving as a big spider line was a classic.